The Ultimate Supply List for Boarding School

<p>How many sets of bedding will we need? Sorry if its been answered before, I didn’t see it.</p>

<p>not that i really know the answer but my guess would be at most three sets.</p>

<p>I heard that even though Exeter already provides bedding, most people bring their own comforter, 2 sheets, pillows and pillowcases.</p>

<p>Honestly, people say don’t bring to much at first, but I am kind of the opposite. If you have WAY too much then you can always bring it back over thanksgiving or give it to you parents at a parents weekend. I would rather have too much then not have thing I need.</p>

<p>Less is better.</p>

<p>less is probably better but three is good. you dont want to take up all of the space in your room</p>

<p>Well, since I will be buying all my stuff when I fly in it doesn’t really apply to me.</p>

<p>you only need 2 sets [well i have 2 sets of sheets and a duvet that I get dry cleaned a couple times a year]</p>

<p>Okay I am going to St. Timothy’s school in Stevenson MD. I’m thinking if getting some refridgerated acne medicine so I can have a fridge…</p>

<p>That was my plan haha</p>

<p>I was just planning on getting an electric cooler. There is a pretty cool one from coca cola I found.</p>

<p>@IHateRAlphLauren: I am Exeter class of 2014 too!</p>

<p>Haha hi Urbanflop! Fancy meeting you here.</p>

<p>Okay so I’m going to an IB school next year (for 9th grade) and I was wondering, should I transfer out into Exeter or Andover? Is it worth it giving up the IB and would it be weird to start in 10th grade? (I didn’t even know about Exeter until like 3 weeks ago… :frowning: )</p>

<p>@crazy: well, it depends on what you mean by whether or not it’ll be ‘worth it’. I mean it’ll probably be harder to get into British schools and stuff because they look more at IB and A-levels, so it might affect your chances.</p>

<p>BTW, I don’t know if anybody mentioned this yet, BUT BRING ONE OF THOSE SLEEPING EYE-MASK THINGIES AND EARPLUGS!</p>

<p>You know, the mask that you put over your eyes so it’s DARK?:slight_smile: yeah you’ll probably need one of those if your roommate’s gonna pull an allnighter…</p>

<p>@Urbanflop: Haha my school won’t even let me get the cooler so I have to get the prescription. Oh well.
@littleivy: Yeah I know what you mean but as much as I’d love to leave the country for college, I’ll only be 17, and my parents probably won’t let me. Even if I manage to get there, I’ll still need their financial support so since Exeter seems to impress the Ivy’s I think it might be my best bet. It’s still my ultimate goal to leave the country, but it’s probably going to be after medical school… When come to think of it I’ll be like 30… Uggh.</p>

<p>You shouldn’t apply to Exeter if your goal is to get into the ivys.</p>

<p>@2010 hopeful: Why not?</p>

<p>Because going to Exeter (or any prep school) will not guarantee you a spot at the ivys.</p>

<p>Going to Choate doesn’t guarantee it, either.</p>

<p>got this stuff from my schools website and i added some</p>

<h1>Small Fan</h1>

<h1>CD players</h1>

<h1>Personal computers</h1>

<h1>Curling irons</h1>

<h1>Refrigerators</h1>

<h1>Hair dryers</h1>

<h1>Desk Lamp</h1>

<h1>Curtains</h1>

<h1>Throw Rugs</h1>

<h1>Posters</h1>