The University of Tampa Early Action/Rolling for Fall 2023 Admission

Wow. Hard to figure this out. Congrats!

Yes, it’s been a long senior year waiting to hear from schools.

Did he just check his portal or received an email?

It was in his email. I checked the parent portal and there was no indication that he had been accepted. The email came from the admissions counselor, if I’m not mistaken.

Has anyone heard anything? Is decisions still 3/31 or will they release some before?

My son said his portal changed. Hopefully we receive good news soon

Yes my son’s did too. Might just be a glitch. RD aren’t supposed to come out until the end of the month. Also it has a spring 2024 application “awaiting payment” from 3/2/23. We did not put in another application so I am thinking they are doing work on the site or just trouble with the site.

2 Likes

My son is accepted for Spring 2024

SO I guess that is why it says that. He will definitely not want that so I guess it is on to another school. I just looked and everything is still the same. It just says awaiting decision and the rest is blank.

My daughter also got accepted for Spring 2024. Says letter is being printed
wondering about merit.

1 Like

My son was RD and received a deferral for Early Action??? He contacted the counselor and she said just ignore where it says Early Action. It made no sense to us.

1 Like

My son just heard he was put on the wait list for fall 2023 and accepted for spring 2024. They did kind of indicate in the email that they had an enormous amount of kids in early action that they took.

Mine too! Just saw he got a President Merit, so I was right that it was considered a match for him. I am still not sure what happened since everything was in by Sept. He also has a new admissions counselor. He has lower offers from other schools with Sept start and Honors so I am not sure what he will do.

1 Like

I went in after reading your comment. Mine got very good merit scholarships for spring 2024. I’m wondering though will that be every year and what if he gets off the waitlist, will the scholarships be there?

1 Like

I guess we will have to wait for the actual letter. Between my 3 kids, they applied to 40 schools combined, this is a first.

Where did you find the merit information? We are still am waiting for the official letter to post as well. My sons guidance counselor changed as well.

If you logon to the portal select 2024 application. You will have a bunch of choices (1 being the letter that still is not posted) I think 2 or 3 down is financial aid. Click that and then click the link for the Financial Aid portal and sign in using the same sign in and once in to the right is the link to view package.

1 Like

Received ours too. Wondering the same thing

My son toured today at Tampa. He asked about when will we know if they are getting off the waitlist and they said Mid-May. The scholarship is for all 4 years so what they show in the portal is just for Spring and summer if he takes classes and you must maintain a 3.0 or higher. He fell in love with the campus. If he wasn’t waitlisted he would go to Tampa in a heartbeat. He is unsure about the waiting until January. He really wants to start college. He did say he could take classes at Junior College for the fall then transfer but it’s also hard to see his friends go away this summer and he has to wait. Two of his best friends are going to Tampa in the fall. Worst thing we did was not do Early Action.

2 Likes

We did EA and it still happened to my son.

1 Like