The University of Tampa Early Action/Rolling for Fall 2023 Admission

Still have not received an email or decision here. Good to see some people being accepted at the last hour.

1 Like

What is everyone’s students gpa. Weighted & unweighted. SAT? ACT? Or test optional? Ty

GPA 3.7, test optional

It’s after 6pm. Anyone else still waiting for a decision?

Approaching 11pm? Who else is still waiting?

Still no decision or email. Will have to wait for a response from AO as to why.

I haven’t received any decision yet and I applied EA. My friend got his decision back yesterday morning (he got deferred). Anyone else not get theirs back??

Still waiting here as well. Emailed AO, no response. May be out of office for the holiday. Hope to receive a response with an update tomorrow.

1 Like

Nothing for us, either. Is this typical? Tampa was not my son’s top school (awaiting decion from Rutgers), but seems odd to promise decision date but then hear absolutely nothing.

For those that have not received a response, they pushed out the date to 1/22 due to an unprecedented amount of applications.

1 Like

Thank you for this.

DD was accepted before Thanksgiving but is still waiting on UF and FSU. She is so panicked about the housing she wants to pay the housing deposit “in case” and because she’s “pretty sure” this is where she wants to go no matter what. :rofl:

New notification in the portal:

Odd. I was in communication with AO on Friday and this wasn’t mentioned. Up to another week of waiting. AO informed me decision will continued to be rolled out over the next week.

DD Accepted on 1/15
OOS, 4.2W GPA, Top public HS, 3 Varsity athlete all 4 years plus 3x captain, lots of leadership & ECs, PT Jobs, 8 APs and Dual Enrollment

I wonder if the rolling admissions is based on geography or the specific admissions counselor? We are from the mid-Atlantic for what it’s worth

DS status email can 10 min ago - OOS accepter Computer Science
GPA: 3.2/4W 5.6/7W
SAT: 1360 super / 1340 best
Honors/AP/Dual Enroll: 11/9/7 - Rigorous cirr - including AP Physics C, AP Calc BC (as jr) & AP MultVar Calc
Resume: 3 jobs paid, 1 unpaid internship
ECs: Starting Varsity Wrestler as Freshman, Comp Sci Club, Future Engineers, 4th in Division World Robotics Championship, Robotics State Semifinalist, Multiple Robotics Awards, Standford U AI Camp multiple sessions, Strong GitHub, Top 2% Rank TryHackMe, Google IT Support Professional Certified

1 Like

We finally looked at my sons actual acceptance letter. Does anyone know if the merit on the letter is per year or 4 year total? Most schools spell out xx per year for xxx over 4 years. This one does not.

You should check the UT Financial Aid Portal on Workday (myworkdaysite.com), it gives you breakdowns by semester and year. A link is available from within your application portal under the financial aid tab.

1 Like

Anyone else accepted to the Honors program? My DD was and we had a great tour there last month and she ended up loving it and it is now one of her top choices. We are trying to figure out if the Honors Program is right for her.

1 Like

Any EA students that were deferred hearing on a rolling basis? I know the website says notification by end of March.

My son was deferred also and hasn’t heard anything. He has moved on from U of Tampa and is focusing on where he has been accepted.

Not sure if my son was deferred but he was EA, heard nothing, and just received his acceptance email on Monday out of nowhere.