The Wait List

Concord Academy is fully enrolled

Did you get an email or did you ask them yourself?

Middlesex seems like it won’t go to WL, maybe they are waiting to tell Legacy to make sure they are not making a rash decision.

1 Like

Whats legacy?

asked them
they said
“ I regret to share that we are currently fully enrolled for boarding students in fall 2021 and it is highly unlikely that we will admit boarding students from our wait pool. As such, we recommend that students in our boarding wait pool make plans for enrollment at another school to ensure they have a place in the fall. ”

when a family member has attended the school.

1 Like

An applicant that has family in the school or family that are alumni.

Wait lists in general are not promising this year, but stay on the waitlists and cross your fingers.

1 Like

The Deerfield article shared upthread said that they accepted 290 students, waitlisted 800 and denied 800. Apparently they use 20 sub categories (ie G11 girls boarding, G9 boys boarding, etc), with 40 kids in each subsection. By this point though I’m pretty sure each of the sub sections has narrowed down quite a bit, but who knows.

Waitlisted 800??? Jesus Christ why do they need that many WL students!!

3 Likes

Ikr? I have no clue why. They even rank sub categories, so it’s not like if your number 20 or more in a sub category you’ll get off

I don’t think it’s 800 because that’s when they gave courtesy wl and they said they stopped so it may be lower. not sure tho but sub categories are way smaller.

If the rumored stat that roughly 80% drop off of WLs on A10 decision day, then that 800 immediately becomes 160, which isn’t out of line for a school of DA’s size.

1 Like

Do people remember to remove themselves off waitlist🌚 is there usually a big drop after A10?

1 Like

also it seems like mx tried to cut the wl down because only some people got an offer to remain of the summer waitlist.just a guess

1 Like

Most schools have a summer waitlist reply form so it’s either you fill it out or not

I didn’t get an offer per se, (if the offer was the reply form) but they just said I will be informed if anything changes on the waitlist

i still have not heard anything from deerfield or hotchkiss. Is that a good or bad thing?

On decision day Hotchkiss said it would be May before they would alert regarding the waitlist.

It said between april and may