This Is Us. Anyone watching?

A very popular theory.

I liked the link with “flash foward” info. But do we know for sure that the sequence that we see scenes dripped to us is same sequence that they happen?

Coexecutive producer and writer Julia Brownell has hinted that the flash forward scenes are sequential. But you never know.

2 Likes

Phew! What an episode. Soooo cringy.

2 Likes

I enjoy the scenes between Beth and her mother. Both such good actresses. By joy, I mean I pay close attention.

2 Likes

I liked this episode. I see how it’s not that fun showing scenes of the pandemic but this episode hits a lot of my pandemic wall. And sometimes messy family relationships that are messier due to being home all the time. And distance.

The family dinner where Beth tried to ask the kids how their day was, that was hilarious. I’m here all the time, doing the same thing. So true.

4 Likes

I wonder if the writers understand that we the viewers are looking for a no drama, no crazy turns season.

That this year is crazy enough. That we want to see families mostly getting along, bickering but not splitting. That the episode ends on a high note. Feel good, warm and fuzzies this year.

That’s what I want. And next week’s episode looks like a really good one.

2 Likes

Watching the beginning of the episode with the crying babies and exhaustion sure took me back. It seems such a long time ago, but those memories are crystal clear.

3 Likes

Be careful
they might be lulling us into a false sense of security, then 
bam! LOL

3 Likes

I liked the episode. My husband heard the doorbell at the end and made a smart (or lucky guess) prediction about it.

2 Likes

I liked the episode. Especially when Toby conducted his Zoom interview in full shirt, tie, and jacket but no pants! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Quote of the episode:

Look, Terrence, I know that this isn’t going great. Okay. This is, like, my 30th interview with no nibbles, and it’s getting kind of difficult to give my all to a computer screen, especially when I’m rocking my newborn daughter with a nine iron in the garage. So, uh, can we just cut to the chase? Uh, do I have a shot at this or should we just call this one and put some pants on?

5 Likes

Kevin talked about building a compound in Malibu. Maybe this morphed into the giant house near the cabin.

2 Likes

Good one!

1 Like

Crying. Especially with the Covid crisis, so many lonely people. Loved the last scene.

3 Likes

Yes, the last scene was a tear jerker! I loved the way they developed Nicky as a character in this episode.

3 Likes

Count me among the boo-hooers. I was surprised that Kevin wasn’t watching him on the baby monitor.

3 Likes

Loved this episode. I like Nicky’s character and the actors who portray him do a great job. Have to say I didn’t even think about Kate, Randall, Toby, etc during the episode. I got the COVID vaccine
twice!

5 Likes

Agreed. I was totally absorbed in Nicky.

1 Like

Enjoyed the episode, but the snow globe scene at the airport was heartbreaking.

12 Likes