Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

Only got student link. What about you?

@Happybae22
Did you get acceptance from both? Are there any other BSMD applications pending interview/decision?
How is the cost of attendance looks like for Seton Hall and UToledo, and the scholarship you received?
Do you have any other competing traditional route UG acceptances on hand?

Yes, I got accepted to both
Yes, there are pending decisions
scholarships/grants not all out yet
Yes, have other traditional route like Baylor, Penn state and awaiting others

I wanted to just compare Seton hall and university of Toledo bs/md program

Yes only student

You need to establish residency in NJ prior to med school for Seton Hall. I have read this in their FAQ

My D got UToledo

Sheā€™s waiting for few BS/MD so obviously that will take precedence.

My closest friendā€™s son is in Seton Hall.

With that saidā€¦

I would give weightage more to TOLEDO.
Pros : Fees are less , good options/residencies later stage and reputed one

Pros for Seton Hall : Private but they give more aid too. Remember they had very old Medical (which became Rutgers during 19xx , i believe) but now their MD is relatively new.

IMO, i will always go with ā€œolderā€ medical colleges as they have ā€œalumni/connections/reputationsā€

Again JMHO
Good luck

@Happybae22
You need to look into Seton Hall and Toledo BACC2MD matriculation reqs more closely.
Seton Hall requires 3.7 UG GPA at the end of Jr and Sr year. Earn an MCAT score in the top 20th percentile.
Toledo BACC2MD requires UG GPA 3.5 and no MAT.
Both Seton Hall and Toledo BACC2MD require interview for matriculating to the MD program.
Hope other seniors will chime into this.
BTW Seton Hall is a private and Toledo is a public university, not sure if that matters to you.
https://site8.auth.shu.commonspotcloud.com/undergraduate-admissions/requirements-for-admission-to-the-4-3-program.cfm

Re: RIT/SUNY

Still waiting

Rejected from Temple BSMD program

Do you know around how many kids are admitted to Utoledo MD pathway program?

same here

BU still sending out interview calls or done ??? Any updates ??

Anyone hear from Case Western ?

For anyone whoā€™s done it how was the Caldwell interview what type of questions did they ask etc.?

I got both

1 Like

did anyone get a BU call today?

1 Like

No not yet.

When did you get them?

hey iā€™ll pm you

Yes, very positive feedback :slight_smile: She gives it throughout the interview after you answer each question. On the off chance she doesnā€™t give feedback you can probably ask at the end.

1 Like