Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

Did anybody else get a waitlist?

can you please share your stats

My 1c to a frequently asked questions ā€¦ take it with grain of salt :slight_smile:

Frequently, people ask stats (many shares, many are uncomfortable).

IMO, itā€™s NOT even comparable why Person A got in, Person B got out based on stats alone.

There are lots of factors goes into selection

1. Location of applicant
  2. Race/ethnicity
  3. Essays
    ā€¦ experiences and many moreā€¦

So donā€™t sweatā€¦

If anyone got an act score > 32 (ideally 34) you are in the roomā€¦ rests are up to what person in college looks for (which will be different)

Here is real exampleā€¦
My D and one of my students have almost identical scores ā€¦ she didnā€™t get in UMKC, but my student is invitedā€¦ (as location was different to begin with along with few others)

Just a thought for weekend.

Enjoy

3 Likes

I agree but this is just to know what would be the reason and what could have done better. If we have a second child it will definetely help to know the stats

CWRU rejection

And I cannot agree with you more. I have seen lots of students on this platform whose SAT/ACT are way better than my D in terms of just stats but she has a UMKC interview. My D has other ECs including abroad shadowing and other stuffs. You never know what the admission committee is looking for. All we all can do is put our best foot out there and trust God with where the chip will fall

2 Likes

It is likely. At most wait for 1 more week.

BU usually is done interview notifications by 1st week of Feb. If you donā€™t get an interview, they donā€™t automatically consider students for UG admission. If you are interested in UG and BU, you need to contact BU admissions in the 2nd week of Feb and tell them to consider you.

1 Like

Yes my D got accepted to UG and is in the pool for alternates for PPSP.

1 Like

Agree ā€¦ nothing wrong in asking/providing ā€¦ thatā€™s not my point :slight_smile:

All i was saying/pointing was there are more things that goes in selection process.

My UMKC example shows it (My D got an interview with Harvard initial ā€¦ but not in UMKC ā€¦ so go figure :slight_smile: )

Also I know for sureā€¦ that if you apply to school in AL/TX ā€¦ preferences are given more to locals ā€¦ similarly my guess on few schools in east coast too

There are lots of factors is my point. :+1:

Rejected at case but wondering about the 8yr cost of attendance at case? Anyone know approximately?

Very pricey (around $70-$80K ) but they give good aid (from $22-$32).

But if you do their UG (i heard itā€™s good) you got a good shot for MD.

Again itā€™s all individual preferencesā€¦

Anyone know when hofstra or upitt interviews might be sent out?

Anyone know how to schedule an interview for PPSP?

1 Like

I am on alternate list and got 35k for UG

3 Likes

We donā€™t see a place to schedule the interview either for Case Western.

1 Like

Questionā€¦we thought if you were rejected from BU bsmd then you were ineligible to go to their UG? Is that correct?

can you please share your gpa, sat, ecs?

BU SMED applicants if rejected from BS/MD cannot by default get into UG. In the past, students waited until the first or second week of February and explicitly reached out to admissions telling them that they would like to convert their application from SMED to regular undergrad application.

High school seniors who have been chosen as National Merit finalists, and are offered admission to Boston University, will be considered for a four-year, $25,000 tuition BU Presidential Scholarship. So, this way, they will qualify for UG seat (pre-med)

1 Like

Here is the tuition CWRU website

Did anyone here apply to the provisional acceptance program(s) at USciences?