Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

The interviews are luck of the draw and not necessarily stats based, i.e., the programs don’t go - here is a kid with 1600, 12 APs, research and volunteering and we are cutting off interviews taking the top 20 that fit these numbers. They are looking at apps and something strikes reviewers that makes them pick applicants over others who might look far more qualified on paper. They are selecting so few out of thousands of apps in some cases that it is not a reflection on your kid, it is just a random occurrence based on the app readers.

CC is full of parents whose kids got in and didn’t go and still are doing medicine 4 years later as a direct MD/DO admits. CC is also full of parents like me whose kids applied only to a few and didn’t focus on combined programs specifically because they also liked the undergrad in those schools and it was just an extension to apply to the combined program affiliated with the school (lets say Rice Baylor-both schools 15 minutes from our home). There is yet another category of kids who joined a combined program, found that they are doing a lot better than expected, applied out and went to some top schools. I know kids from Rice Baylor who left and went to Harvard/Hopkins, I know one who left VCU finishing in 2 years and joined baylor and doing a highly specialized residency at the moment. What actually happens when you join a program that needs 3.6 and 510 to matriculate but you have 4.0 and 522?

Dont take rejection as a reflection of your accomplishments not being sufficient, only that it gives you more time to think whether medicine is the right path for you as you go through college. From what I have heard, many schools are more concerned about finding candidates who are expected not to drop out because they were pressured into the programs by parents and not of their own self volition.

9 Likes

For Drexel - did anyone apply to bsmd and star scholars?

Did anyone hear from MSU DO program?

I checked your stat and it is sterling and don’t even know what else I could have advised you do differently as a parent. So keep your fingers crossed and please don’t lose your peace and watch God work in your favor. My hearts and prayers are with you! It all shall end in praise!

I applied to Siena College BAMD program. Received a supplemental from Albany Medical back in late December. Anyone know when I’ll hear back about interview? Also when is Augusta, University of Oklahoma, UCONN, and Stony Brook notifying about interviews?

Re: MSU DO

Yes, we heard from a student (I think) for interview - I still need to figure out if this is the actual interview or a pre-interview assessment.

Pretty sure Augusta doesn’t have an interview, just the video stuff.

OU said they’re sending out interview notifications this week for the MHSP, and if you don’t receive anything by Feb 7, call them.

2 Likes

Upstate , I believe must have closed selection as I have seen people hear have been called for interview.

Waiting for UCONN and Stony Brook (you should have gotten UG). I believe StonyBrook is little late as the honors selection is around late Feb/Mar so around the same time.

OK (Feb maybe but few seats), no idea on Augusta

Good luck

1 Like

Thanks. We were hoping to hear a decision. From the website, we could not find the interview step. Appreciate your update and we will be on the look out for the email from MSU for the interview.

I did not get forwarded to NJMS after interview with Caldwell.

sorry. you’ll get in somewhere better

1 Like

anyone hear from montclair/njms?

I haven’t have you?

Where did you find this? I know MHSP should be coming out this month but I didn’t know it was this week!

For Rowan they said we should hear back in the next 3-4 weeks

Still waiting on stonybrook and Rowan and all reach UGs.
UNC is on waitlist.we have got NJIT Rowan NYIT temple all UGS with good merit scholarships.

2 Likes

Oh we do, thanks for letting us know

I called!

1 Like

Hi @NoviceDad can you please DM. Couple quick questions. Have few interviews lined up.
Thank you in advance

Sent you DM