Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

Wow, another competition. Not easy! thanks

what day of the week are case interviews usually?

Did you get an email from case?

no but i need to schedule other interviews so now I am not sure what to do

2 Likes

When did she get this email? I remember host of the interview saying some will be automatic yes, no, and on a waitlist.

1 Like

They say generally 80 kids per amc feeder school

Congratulations!!

How did the Brooklyn one go? Was it like a traditional interview ?

She got it today

1 Like

I believe that means waitlist. I might be wrong though.

I would think so too. I think they are still interviewing also

Do bsmds typically review applicants based on scores after interview or if u made it to interview acceptance is just based on interview?

First the good (if any) they were not rejected.

I believe they are put in Waitlist to monitor other folks as the interviews are happening.

The numbers are all over the map (I heard 60 some heard 80).

I also believe the numbers maybe for the whole program (not 80 X 3 = 240 for 3 feeder schools)

Assuming they interview say 5/8 (2 interviews per day) then it comes to 10/16 candidates per day and in total they may have 5 interviews.
On the contrary if you think itā€™s 240 candidates then by the same count they need to have 24 interview days (thatā€™s nearly 5 weeks) and I doubt thatā€™s the case as i have NOT heard that many interview dates (to my knowledge)

So I will still be positive on the outcome

Good luck

1 Like

Admission statistics

For students starting college in Fall 2021, there were 361 applicants for the Leadership in Medicine Program.

• 270 were forwarded to Albany Medical College
  • 86 were interviewed
  • 32 were offered admission
  • 14 enrolled at Union

This is from Union website. So I assume 80 gets interviewed from each college?

1 Like

Did anyone get accepted into the Union/AMC program? I got the waitlist email today. Also, does anyone know when we should expect an update?

1 Like

Got it and a very valid pointā€¦But from that same pageā€¦they also state thatā€¦

Interviews take place virtually on Tuesdays or Thursdays in January, February and Marchā€¦

That means maximum of 16 interviews are possible (i.e., from Jan end to Mar end for 8 weeks) so i donā€™t know how they can have 160+ students from other 2 colleges or maybe other 2 feeder schools have less number (possible).

Also encouraging thing (not sure you noticed), they offered to 32 (around 50%) and only 14 (i.e. half took it) so still chance there.

BTW, I checked Sienna and RPI and they donā€™t have stats (or i canā€™t find) so only assumptions.

when did you interview? i interviewed a few weeks ago and havent heard back.

1 Like

just received an email that i was accepted to the rpi/amc program! interviewed on jan 25th

7 Likes

According to RPI_AMC invitation letter, it wrote" From January through March, approximately 80 applicants will be interviewed for this program" . Interviews take place on Tuesday and Thursdays, there is an morning and an aftersoon session on either day. It means AMC can interview about 4 students each week with one medical team. Therefore, AMC may have 2 or 3 medical teams to involve the process?

It means she is waitlisted.

Congrats!!