Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

Union is 8 years. Advantage is MBA and no MCAT. It’s 5 hours or so away. Albany I think is not a ranked med school
Jefferson is close by. We are in NJ.
Price will be saving one year of tuition. UG Penn state will be cheaper

Congrats!!

If i recall , your S got 36 ACT so he should clear MCAT with breeze.

FYI , AMC is ranked and one of the oldest/traditional program (not sure where u got it), it is recognized even before 1942 (old traditional one… check lcme.org)

Congrats again… and good luck

Congrats!!!

1 Like

Congrats!!

1 Like

congrats!!!

1 Like

Congrats!!!

Congrats!

Congratulations!! You did it

1 Like

Anyone applied to UCF BMS scholars program in Florida? Anyone heard anything back yet? And how is that program?

Did anyone hear back from FAU??

Accepted!

5 Likes

I applied and got an acceptance from UCF today. Didn’t realize there is no interview.

6 Likes

You are right, RPI/AMC is 7 years, my bad, I thought it was Union/AMC.
So, do you think Union/AMC allows you to complete MBA in 8 years along with BSMD path?
As long as you don’t step into the academic side of medicine, rankings won’t carry that importance. Any Medical school would prepare students as physicians/doctors. Did you explore the recent match list - compare side by side?

Wow!!

Congratulations to all that have been accepted.

I haven’t compared match list side by side but Albany did have some good match list too. Yes MBA is the tempting part because at Union, they get a MS and MBA.
On the flip side, I have heard of kids not being happy at Union. I can’t find one person who have given up other BSMD to go to Union. I wish I do so I can speak to them. Actually, I have heard of one student dropping off after 4 years by saying they were not happy. Nobody knows why. The weather, location of both UG and med school is not desirable. I had an opportunity to visit Albany med school, Jefferson, and BU about 3 years ago so I was able to compare.
Let’s see what other options he gets. It’s a good problem indeed!

congrats!!

1 Like

Congrats!!!

Would you know how many are accepted and how many seats they have? Perhaps @NoviceDad can chime in here. Also, do people need to commit right away?

Congratulations on PMM. Good Luck for future!

Congratulations on Tulsa. Good Luck for future!

1 Like