Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

Completely agree. After going through the different scenarios in the book, before reviewing the responses, please have a parent or counselor mock interview you and then go over the responses together

@NoviceDad which book u recommend for interview prep

havenā€™t heard back yetā€¦ hope I do though. you?

I am. I know it is just one 30 minute interview so not too bad.

I used BeMoā€™s MMI interview book and it worked great for me! They give a super detailed guide on how to answer each MMI question and provide a bunch of sample questions and responses. But agreed, after going through the book I had my dad pretend to be the interviewer and do mock interviews

1 Like

@Mr_Awesome - Agree with @NoviceDad. 2-3 practice mock interviews are the best to gain some confidence. IMO, the response you give should be personal and not generic (such as from books). This worked for my S.

1 Like

No specific recommendations

Hi! Do you mind sharing your daughters stats/ecs?

1 Like

yea they sent the schedule a couple of days ago. do you know how many are interviewed and how many are selected?

Us too!!

when did you interview?

Feb 2nd week

Update: My D called in 1:45 ahead just to verify her identity and called back 1:40 mins later for the interview. Rutgersā€™s process has never been the best for undergrad and MD program in the last few years. I hope their med school administration is better. So far, I am not impressed. Not sure who they hire to run their admissions processā€¦
So applicantsā€¦ they will only need a few mins of your time to check your ID. You can just take a break from your class to do this so you donā€™t miss too much school.

2 Likes

Thanks. Thatā€™s what I thought. My S was accepted wo an interview.

2 Likes

Who can help with mock interviews and how can we get in touch with them ?

There are plenty of resources on the web. Google MMI interview questions. They are on Utube university too! Whether the interview is MMI or traditional, the interviewer can ask what they want which could be an MMI question. One school an interviewer asked a number of MMI questions in a traditional interview.

What is the best way to reach out to you ?

Does anyone know if Texastech interview is MMI?

Has anyone had the Drexel interview yet?

Please DM me.