Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

SBU/LECOM and SBU/GW are different. However, thank you for the response

1 Like

I have sent you his contact in your inbox

1 Like

Anyone else get rejected pre-interview from Brooklyn College’s BA/MD?

Ngl I don’t care because I’ve already been accepted to a preferable program but I thought they interviewed like 40% of applicants? Oh well lmao

when does stony brook release decisions?

does anyone know how group medical school interviews work? it is only scheduled to be 15 mins long, so I wonder what they will plan for us

1 Like

Responded to your DM, Achutom.

2 Likes

Did you receive an email

Did you get an interview call? Last year Stony Brook interview calls were released on March 9th and the decisions came out on March 29th. Good luck.

1 Like

I haven’t yet

Rutgers Honors collge list is out. I am sure whoever attended NJMS interview would have made it to Honors college. Not sure if it big deal getting honors college or honor program

Honors college is better IMO. Also, honors college of CAS and environmental science has this program called 4 plus 4 . It is a BSMD 8 years program without MCAT. It’s by invitation only once you get into the honors college.

1 Like
  1. Any one has any idea about Case Western interviews? We were on alternate list. Have not heard anything since. Don’t know what and when to expect.

2. Any info on direct dental programs. Are they on same lines as BS/Md and as hard with similar requirements?
    thanks

We were also on alternate list. Emailed them about 3 weeks ago and were told they will let us know the first week of March.
Not counting on it anymore

Thank you. Yeah agree, its now too late for “wait list” people at least.

Did you get an email from them? I did not get anything yet!

We got an email yesterday from Rutgers honors college

I have a question about math APs. My son is taking AP Calc AB currently in his junior year. For next year he is thinking whether to take AP Calc BC or AP Stats. Do BS MD officials really look at that level and is it really advantageous to take AP Calc BC over AP Stats?

It usually depends on UG say CS (and also whether you S wants to take credit 
which very few colleges allow)

IMO ,if he already has taken Calculus before then he can take Stats, to show his varied skillsets.

I don’t believe they look at that deep level (on contents).

Please note,I am NOT an admission person in college and i doubt even they will tell it too :slight_smile:

@bsmdmom - It’s ok to take either of these courses - “BC Calc” or “Stats”. As @Rali_Jan mentioned, the adcom are not likely to differentiate between AB Calc vs. BC Calc. They would switch focus to your SAT/ACT scores and EC’s once you meet the minimum academic GPA requirement. Try to maintain the highest GPA possible (as close to 4.0 uw as possible).

On the other hand, many bs/md students usually will get waiver for math/stats courses in the UG. with BC Calc, you can get waiver for higher level course. In comparison, you could also get waiver for stats course as well. Your score in AP exam will matter. For example, whether you got “5” or “4” or “3” in the AP exam.

Another course for which you could get waiver for is Physics AP (based on calc). In our school system, you can only take this along with BC Calc AP (or taken previously). Does your school allow kids to take this course with AB Calc AP?

Kids usually like to repeat science courses again, especially chemistry. For example - Students may not want to skip chemistry and take Organic chemistry in their freshmen year itself.

2 Likes

Is that notification for the Honors College
OR
Honors Living-Learning Community (HLLC)?