Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

I was told not to. If they didn’t share their emails!

1 Like

Thanks

@GoogleJay @wriite21012

To add to what @Vicky2019 and @rk2017 had indicated, get a feel of the place by visiting them and/or speaking with current students there.

Also, you can’t go wrong with either choice.

2 Likes

Not sure if a competitive residency match is a criteria in this case, to decide between SLU and Miller (Miami). When compared to SLU - Miller (Miami) has a better competitive DOPEN Residency Match per this Graph (Derm, Ortho, Plastics, ENT, NeuroSurgery, abbreviated as DOPEN).
I know a kid in the local community who went to Miller after completing PreMed at MIT.

8 Likes

Yes - one should look at residency trends - my view is to average it over a 4 years period, rather than looking at it for 1 year period.
One thing to note - it would have been better if the Y-axis was reflected as % of class size.

This also aligns with what @rk2017 has posted.

Wondering where University of Arizona College of Medicine Tucson would be in that graph?

Have all calls for Hofstra gone out

Howard BSMD interview is out

1 Like

Good one…

It’s better also to look at the “specialty” (if one is more interested in those) too

Majority fall into Internal/Family (nothing wrong with anything) so if u r looking for something else…u can see, how the students fared in those also

Howard BSMD interview is out

@newt_15
2020 graph is showing Tucson, actually showing close to the national average for DOPEN matching.

3 Likes

I am a data geek :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :rofl:

My observation , I am NOT surprised many of the DOPEN are from traditional (stricter and tougher ) route

With that said, I was surprised that Pvt BSMD like Drexel, Hofstra and even Brown has less than public like SUNY, VCU

y = 0.0865 x
This implies 8.65% of the class size is the average or best fit percent for DOPEN specialties.
Medical Schools above the line have a higher % going to DOPEN

1 Like

Congrats with LECOM EAP acceptance! Would you mind sharing your stats?

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing this!

Yes. Thank you so much!

There’s a detailed discussion on this topic. Please see here :

1 Like

I agree lot of students want to match to T10 IM , CT, Vascular, Interventional Radiology which are not part of DOPEN. Where you match is also important as programs are ranking. I agree @NoviceDad that one year is not enough of data.

A quick glance at recent 2022 Matches for BS MD Med school the top match list which I see is below with 30 Plus DOPEN matches and you can compare with Miami Med and compare the quality of matches with other BS MD programs:

https://www.medadmissions.pitt.edu/admissions/who-we-are/residency-match

Here is 3 yr worth of DOPEN data, data isn’t available for all MD schools.

1 Like

Do students who accept admission offers before May 1 or earlier have any benefit (like better dorm room assignments)?Just for just Undergraduate admissions.