Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

Like this message if you got into Upitt.

6 Likes

Congratulations to everyone who got into Pitt.

Please share your stats and perspectives on the RESULTS thread.

1 Like

Wow! When and where is the celebratory party? This is epic!

Thank you @moodybluepapaya for sharing your stats and detailed perspectives.
This will be very helpful to future applicants.
All the very best to your son and congratulations on IIT/CCOM.

4 Likes

With Upitt decision, We are going to withdraw from NJIT/NJMS and UMKC (oos) today.

7 Likes

how would you guys rank pitt bs/md, rutgers ba/md (full ride to undergrad), brown undergrad (no PLME)?

am i right that it’s pitt bs/md > either of the other two?

yes. It gives you access to a top 20 medical school.

If you are comparing costs, Rutgers sounds like your best bet. I always assumed Pitt admits usually have full tuition for undergrad if they are good enough for combined?

2 Likes

What’s better for BS/MD applications? SAT super score of 1540 (790 M,750 R) or ACT 35 (36 math/English, 34 science/reading) or submit both?

idt it really matters im pretty sure test scores are viewed as thresholds where if you’re past a certain point they’re all viewed the same

thanks! that isn’t the case for me unless they give me a scholarship now that I’ve been admitted to GAP. I’d actually have to pay 10k more for pitt undergrad than for brown undergrad

For us the decision is between Yale/Columbia/Princeton undergrad and Upitt gap. The cost of undergrad is almost same for both options. But with Pitt med school, leaning towards Upitt. Any advice or things to consider before making the decision?

1 Like

Interesting. Did Pitt give you any scholarship at all?

Sounds like you are getting financial aid at Brown that is a better deal than paying tuition at Pitt.

Both my kids received full tuition scholarship based on stats although neither even got an interview for GAP.

Only whether you are certain about medicine and are willing to give up attending Yale/columbia/princeton.

It sounds like you are getting good financial aid from the big name schools if the costs are same for undergrad.

1 Like

Thanks. DS was leaning towards Yale before Upitt decision but now wants to go to Upitt. I just want to make sure we are thinking through everything before committing.
We did get decent aid from all and with Pitt’s lower undergrad fee, it’s coming out same.

Is there any risk of maintaining 3.75 gpa at upitt?

1 Like

If he was able to get into all those schools, he should be able to manage and probably wont be challenged much during undergrad.

1 Like

Yes! Think hard before making a decision

only like a $5000 scholarship. i’m going to try and bargain with them

1 Like

Tell me if it works because I asked and they said no

posted to the results thread now that i have all my decisions

1 Like

If you are certain to do medicine, think seriously about Pitt GAP.
Pitt Honors is a very good program and its pre-med track is very good but underrated.
With focus, maintaining a 3.75 GPA is very doable.

Speak with students there in the program to get a feel of their experiences and how they may relate to what you are expecting from the program.

3 Likes