Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

congratulations.

Please share your stats and perspectives in the RESULTS thread.

I meant to update your reasoning / thought process on your decision.

@Throaway_2
Congratulations. IMO, having discussion with doctors who gone through this will help understanding debt Vs prestige, and to make educated decision on the choices you have.
You will be successful through Rutgers 7 yr BA/MD program.

1 Like

looking to connect with people who are committing to stony brook scholars for medicine. please message me if interested!

1 Like

Anyone committing to upitt GAP, can you please DM me. Appreciate it!!

Congratulations on making the decision and good luck with you future. You will do great!!

Getting into IB for business majors is not a cake walk. Competition is fierce. Usually few hundred applications for each internship position. You should reflect well and choose what is close to your heart and be ready to take chances in doing so.

1 Like

Requesting all applicants/ parents to post their stats, perspectives, and experiences on the RESULTS THREAD:

1 Like

I would not choose UC’s. If you really want to be a doctor, go for one of the BS MD programs. Unless you do exceptional well at the UC, you may shot your chance to become a doctor later.

Hopefully this may help some…

If student is NOT sure 100% then it’ better to take an UG course so they can keep their options open.

We have 2 groups,some are 100% on BSMD or Traditional.

IMO, it doesn’t matter, and it certainly depends on your individual kid.

The medical field is a “Calling” it’s “NOT a job”. Lots of people are not tailored for it (long hours, sacrifices, missing many events and many more).

So, nothing wrong with changing pathway (I quoted an engineer in CS now a famous gynecologist in our area was working in Microsoft for few years).

I will certainly not give weightage to reduced years (if your kid may feel over burned or stressed).

Please talk with your fellow seniors and visit the colleges before making a decision. That will certainly help you whether you/your D can fit in (which is more important) as you don’t want them to be unhappy or drop out.

Good luck

1 Like

@Rali_Jan
I agree, just would like to add a 3rd group “debating group” - basically debates between the BSMDs and other UG options.

1 Like

@futurebs_md12323
IMO, you need to find out if Rowan is a deflation university, talk to seniors at Rowan regarding the rigor part specific to Rowan. I would suggest talking to a few DO students and DO or MD Physicians to find out their opinion on the options you have on your plate.
If you are interested in the business side of medicine or gain knowledge, many BSMD programs offer business as a minor or have a path MD/MBA, so as DO colleges too. These programs are intended for medical students interested in integrating the study of medicine with training in managerial, financial, and technical expertise in the health care field. Check it out. Good luck.

Could someone compare LECOM 4+4 BS/DO to UG: UVA (in-state) and William and Mary? Cost is not a concern, but could someone provide perspectives? Thanks !

William and Mary is also in state for you and in terms of pre-med would be much easier than UVA which is generally considered a tough school. Aim for more than 3.8 gpa and get started with ECs right away.

With UVA and William and Mary in hand, I would suggest not to go for Lecom bsdo program!

Congratulations- good choice! Wish you the best for your future!

Go for Syracuse. It’s the best UG IMO

2 Likes

Go for Hofstra bsmd. It’s a good program and NYC would be Good for clinical exposure/experience.

In the past students preferred temple/temple over wash-jeff/temple. So not sure about wash-jeff

Both Case PPSP and UAB Emsap have great med schools. The full ride is attractive and the med school being excellent, there is absolutely no reason to apply out!

Since we heard of additional interview requirement in Case PPSP, EMSAP may be a better choice!

2 Likes

@BSMD2122 , @peachniveaa - Congratulations on Pitt bsmd !!!

3 Likes

Congratulations, you can’t go wrong with Pitt bsmd

3 Likes