Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

The medical school receives your entire application.

You will probably hear from them towards Jan 31.
Interviews are in March.

Answered earlier a day or two back, post number 1753. 75-90 are invited for interviews.

Thank you @NoviceDad . I was wondering since the application from med school asks for activities list broken down by medical, research etc.

Did anyone get an interview for Upstate after ā€œbeing held for comparisonā€.

Does anyone know how many people from the initial round of Upstate interviews are accepted before they dip into the people that are held for consideration or essentially waitlisted? Additionally, are the waitlisted people given a chance at an interview only after the first round of them or when do they get the notification? How many rounds of interviews are there usually? And have any people done their interview there yet?

i donā€™t think they receive everything i think they receive ur academic records according to what the application said

Usually what days are the interviews held ? Weekend or weekdays ?

Not yet. Should get it next week hopefully.

Is SUNY Upstateā€™s UAS program a 7 or 8 yr program?

8 Years ,

If you finish UG in 3 ā€¦ or earlier you can take break as Upstate admission is already enrolled/complete for prior year studentsā€¦ just my understanding

Thank you. Was wondering why it is called Upstate Accelerated Scholars program if it is 8 years.

Well technically it is still 3+4 (plus 1 year break) so itā€™s accelerated.

I know , there are many folks who do traditional MD , who takes 1 year break, so they still say they did 4+4 even though they took 9 years :slight_smile:

In short itā€™s the number of years they talk about schools .

And BTW , i was right , itā€™s in UPSTATE FAQ , that you canā€™t jump in year earlier even if you finish your UG earlyā€¦ as the seats are already reserved for othersā€¦

You can checck it too

syracuse has a 7 year option as well as 8, but the rest are 8yrs only.

thanks!

By definition, An accelerated program is a type of combined medical program thatā€™s shorter than the typical eight years. Most of these programs are seven years long, but a few are as short as six years. Usually, the undergraduate portion, rather than the medical school portion, is shortened. In Upstate case if you can squeeze in undergrad portion to 3 years or less then itā€™s accelerated program for you.
In addition to @Rali_Jan mentioned, Upstate accelerated program doesnā€™t require MCAT. I have heard of few stories in the traditional path in which few known students have taken MCAT 2nd time after taking break (a year) to improve the score. Since MCAT is out of equation for Upstate, you can think this is added advantage for you. Good luck.

@Guard Read this post

can you send the link by any chance?

has anyone yet been invited to interview or already interviewed for upstate medical school? I was initially held for comparison and then offered an interview.

2 Likes