***Thread for BS/MD/DO 2022-2023***

Has anyone got an interview invite from NJMS yet? (With TCNJ being the feeder school.)

2 Likes

Anyone else have interview at University of South Carolina BS/MD, BARSC-MD Program? I was wondering how many usually interview, as scheduled only 15 min zoom interview. I know they only take less than 10 students so?

Please consider this as a courtesy as admissions results coming inā€¦

Congratulations to folks who got into PMM (and others).

Just like Novciedad (and few others said), if you are committed/sure to join to the college of your choiceā€¦ please make sure you withdraw from other colleges ASAPā€¦ (again only if you are sure).

This will certainly help those who are waiting listā€¦ (sometime the colleges may not have enough time to call waiting list).

I personally know that (who got benefitted bcoz my D withdraw from one college after her decision last year.)

Those invisible folks who got in will certainly appreciate you. JMHOā€¦

Enjoy the rideā€¦ and those who didnā€™t ā€¦ donā€™t lose hopeā€¦ still there is time (and if you reached the race till this levelā€¦ you will make it ā€¦still Traditional MD method is thereā€¦ keep pushing)

Good luck

3 Likes

I have students who have received NJMS interviews and they were forwarded from TCNJ and other feeder schools.
So, cannot say, if it was only TCNJ.

So I applied to NJIT(ADHC) and NJMS. On common app it asked for my first choice and I listed NJMS (MD) and second choice if not accepted as Ponce Health Sciences University (MD). I was offered an interview my second interview by NJMS. So if I am accepted, does that mean I attend NJIT for 3 years and then go on to NJMS? Or in my third year will I be sent to Ponce if NJMS doesnā€™t want me? Can NJMS decline me after my undergrad? Or was the second choice for if I was not selected for an interview with NJMS? Why was the Ponce option given?
I am really confused and would really appreciate if someone could help me out?

4.0 UW and test optional. I did a STEM Governorā€™s School program

1 Like

If you got an interview invite from NJMS, then, if selected, you will go to NJMS after meeting your undergrad requirements at NJIT.

Also, once you accept NJIT-NJMS, Ponce is out of the picture.

NJMS can decline only if you do not meet the required undergrad requirements.

1 Like

Have you had anyone receive a rejection from NJMS yet this cycle? Or will they never get back to you if rejected?

Looks like APME interview updates are in portal.

2 Likes

Please donā€™t hesitate to reach out via DM if anyone got an APME interview and would like to chat :slight_smile:

Not yet

Thank you! So if I donā€™t meet the undergrad requirements, what happens? Am I kicked out? Or can I apply to Ponce? And in my third year can they send me to Ponce instead of NJMS? Like can they say I wasnā€™t at the top of the program so I have to go to Ponce?

If you donā€™t mind me asking, did you get an interview?

Would you please be able to DM me? I am not a junior member and I am unable to DM. I have a few questions. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Each program has its own contract. I believe that NJMS and Ponce are two different programs, just happen to be through the same undergrad feeder.
Even though this program requires an MCAT, there is no required minimum. A 3.5 GPA requirement doesnā€™t seem to be out of reach.
Here is the FAQs page where you can get a lot of questions answered.

1 Like

Is the NJIT Ponce program in Puerto Rico or St Louis?

sent a DM :slight_smile:

As @junebug20 said, both are separate programs.
NJMS will not send you to Ponce.

If you do not meet the BS/MD requirements and lose your NJMS seat, you can apply to any medical school via the traditional route.

1 Like

We waited whole week. But didnt received. Are they send wave?

Oh i checked my poral. There is none.
Did u get it?