***Thread for BS/MD/DO 2022-2023***

Thank you. Money isn’t an issue and I agree that Case would be a better option if he is selected as a finalist.

I am surprised about the date when they are going to announce which I felt like it’s kind of little late.

Even if you are willing to spend it, quarter million over 4 years is money you can really do something with. :smiley:

I have reviewed medical school apps, residency apps and added fellowship apps in the last year. Any scholarship honor you accept will stay with you all the way on all the different levels of applications.

2 Likes

Forgot to mention that he got into UMich as well for pre-med track. We ruled that out with Vandy, Washu and Northwestern as better options.

1 Like

I was trying to explain full ride vs full tuition. Anyway VCU will be cheaper than Vandy but go with Vandy . It’s a great school and named scholarships look good on medical school apps too.

1 Like

He got UMKC and UIC. Does Vandy is better choice than BSMD direct admission? I kind of confused

Definitely. As I said numerous times my son had same thing 6 years back. He rejected 2 BSMDs (including Boston) and UPenn for Vandy CV scholarship despite everyone advocating for risk free BSMD. Not everyone gets these scholarships and kids that are focused, repeating same in undergrad is not too difficult. He got three T5 medical school admissions with two of them giving named scholarships. These named scholarships look wonderful in any application.

I come here to encourage kids to be brave and explore, not to brag about my son as some accuse me!

5 Likes

I would like him to go to Vanderbilt if Case PSPP doesn’t work out and hope that he does all the wonderful things over there he had done at the High school.

Really proud of everything he did to boost up his profile especially during the time when the world was shutdown during pandemic for volunteering and research opportunities.

He searched online, spoke with the professors at top 10 schools, did research with them online (at UChicago and Yale) had one paper published, volunteered at the hospital during Covid time before the vaccines were out, got into a summer paid internship opportunity at the same hospital.

Applied all the applications without any external consultants help.

He is also one of the 150 Coke Scholars for 2023.

6 Likes

Given all he achieved, I would say don’t even take Case PSPP. I would say go for Vandy and target T5 schools with scholarships. He will have much better UG experience at Vandy than Case. Feel free to DM me if you want to.

Some people would say the opposite. I think this poster needs to weigh the options considering their preferences. CWRU is a fine choice. Vandy is a fine choice. Some like one better and some like the other.

1 Like

Sure will do. Thank you!

1 Like

Congratulations to your son for the acceptances. Looking forward to a post from you on the BSMD Results thread when it’s all said and done.

1 Like

There is no doubt that your son is a go-getter. If he gets into Case PSPP and other top schools (other from Vandy), it will be a tough choice for him. Because money is not a problem for your family, his decision would rest soly on his future, whether or not he wants to work as hard as in HS while he’ll be in undergrad to aim for T5-T10 or if he’d be happy with Case T25 position, with no MCAT.

2 Likes

My son is in a similar situation. Waiting in CASE PPSP and Pitt GAP results before deciding one way or other.

1 Like

Yes, people have varying experiences :smiling_face:

1 Like

I don’t recommend peaking in HS and relaxing in UG :smiling_face:

1 Like

Please give your opinion on which UG to choose for maximum chance of medical school
admission.

1. Swarthmore
    2)TX Austin OOS
    3)UNC OOS
    4)Tulane Honors / Half Merit
    5)UPitt Honors College / Half Merit
    6)Penn State Honors College / Merit
    7)NJIT Honors College/ Full Merit
  2. UPENN * waiting
  3. BSMD * waiting

Better wait for the decisions. No need to do what if scenarios.

Very proud!!

1 Like

Hey, congrats, that is awesome! Did you apply as a High School senior? Do you mind sharing your stats and ECs please? I am a current juniro and this is the top choice on my list. Thank you in advance!

Act 35: gpa uw: 4 w: 4.82
12AP
I applied as senior and was waitlisted, so applied as freshman.
I had lots of leadership and health experience (800 hrs )
Did research in my senior year which I couldn’t put on my application first time.
I did get a first author publication