***Thread for BS/MD/DO 2022-2023***

Hopefully, we’ll both hear soon! :crossed_fingers: :pray:

2 Likes

Anyone familiar brooklyn/downstate medical ?
I checked medical ranking but i couldnt find.
Also brooklyn college not offer housing and meals.
Any one give me advice more this school.
My D has interview today.

Same boat here. We haven’t heard from NJMS

If I’m not mistaken, NJMS is one of those med schools from which you’d never hear about rejections. Knowing that NJIT forwarded my S to NJMS in 2020, we kept waiting to hear from them one way or another but never did.

SUNY Downstate has no ranking according to US News. OTOH, Harvard, Penn etc are opting out of rankings too in order to circumvent any supreme court judgement that comes down. At some point in 4 years no one will be sure about any rankings. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Should we then reach out to the admissions counselor and ask?
Also, does RPI/AMC have an interview?

Last year, my C received NJMS interview email on Feb 2 but in previous years , I know interviews were sent out in late Feb. NJMS is always late in their invites.

1 Like

There’s no harm in asking, but usually, the admission counselors only know about the status of the applications at the undergrad lvel, whether they get forwarded to the med school. I don’t recall we had an RPI interview. Only remember that D got her secondary application for AMC to fill out.

According to their website, APME should release interview invites today. Has anyone heard anything from them? Does anyone know around what time the emails will be sent out?

My son showed me this Texas Tech website:

" Early matriculation may be considered after students have completed at least three years of undergraduate study at TTU, so long as applicants demonstrate accelerated levels of professionalism and preparedness for medical school, as well as submit a formal request to the Office of Admissions.

• Students who apply for early matriculation must have completed all prerequisite coursework, fulfilled the requirements in the UMSI and Honors College Agreements, and submitted all volunteer and healthcare hours"

Do you know anybody was able to matriculate into this medical school after completing his/her BS degree in 2 or 3 years ?

Actually week of 20th. So this week

1 Like

Did your D get any news from Nova’s presidential scholarship ?

1 Like

I would take their word for it. They require UMSI students to meet honors graduation requirements, which seem rather not too hard to fulfill (https://www.depts.ttu.edu/honors/admissions/rro/honors_requirements.php).

The GPA requirements seem begnin too (3.7 overall and 3.6 science) https://www.depts.ttu.edu/honors/academicsandenrichment/professionalandearlyacceptance/umsi/index.php.

Then, before matriculating, you would have to interview with the med school. They will determine if the students are ready. I suspect that the evaluation would be similar to the the evaluation that all UMSI students have to go through. yUMSI has a CASPER requirement; that should tell the evaluators if you are matured enough for med school. If accepted, this is a program that should not have a high attrition rate, considering there no MCAT, relatively achievable GPA and only 100 hours of healthcare related activities.

Last week, my DS had the opportunity to attend an on-site interview at REMS. Although the weather conditions were not ideal, with cold temperatures and snow showers, we were excited to visit the campus and learn more about the school and program.

During the visit, we had the opportunity to explore the campus and facilities, and we were impressed by the range of resources and support available to students. We also had the chance to meet with faculty members, who were knowledgeable and passionate about their fields, and who took the time to answer all our questions and provide valuable insights into the program.

In addition to the academic aspects of the visit, we also had the chance to experience the culture and community of the school. We were struck by the warm and welcoming atmosphere, and we could see that students and faculty alike were committed to creating a supportive and inclusive environment.

Overall, despite the challenging weather, our visit to REMS was a great experience that allowed us to gain a deeper understanding of the school and program. We left feeling excited about the possibility of joining the REMS community and eager to hear back about the interview results, which we were told could take 2 to 3 weeks to receive.

Above is a ChatGPT version of my draft writing-up. ChatGPT is cool!

4 Likes

Are subject SATs required again by colleges?

I don’t think Subject SATs are offered any more.

2 Likes

Penn stat results out .

1 Like

Did you get in?

S got in!!

9 Likes

Yes my son got in . It’s been a torturous wait but we are thrilled !!! Congratulations

8 Likes

Congratulations!!

1 Like