Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

@Shanmuga20. @pickleball.

Adelphi seems to have various procedures in place. May be based on what they see in the application?

I am hearing folks gotten straight into honors program, some got interview for honors program, and some got screening interview for forwarding to Upstate.

May be they do interviews for some but not all. Like honors program, some may be directly forwarded to Upstate without interview? who knows!

It seems there is a method to this madness… its just that we don’t know what it is!

We got most of the BSMD interviews in Jan/Feb except PSU/SKMC. Don’t worry - you are fine!

No news from ACPHS either, not even UG. Last encounter was “Discover Your Potential Planning Meeting” that is required to complete your application more than 2 weeks ago.

How did you like ACPHS programs, they being non-traditional to normal Biology? What did you chosen as major? They do have micro-biology as one of the majors. Their pre-med support seems to be pretty good.

Slightly off topic - since most of the BSMD results come late, do students miss out on good housing? My D got accepted into 2 regular undergrad and few of her friends are committing and filling/selecting housing etc. So how does it work for BSMD students since they mostly don’t know where they will be going to until April?

I was interested to get some thoughts on DePaul’s Pathway Hons program. My son got accepted in the program. We have reviewed the brochure and it seems he needs to participate in early opportunity program (EOP) to be considered for accelerated BS/MD program. It is not a direct program. Does anyone have knowledge as to how likely it is to make to RFUMS through this program? What are the hurdles and what could hold him from not qualifying for RFUMS. I understand keeping up with minimum GPA reqs etc, is mandatory. Any information will be appreciated.

nah that is non-issue as that only belongs to a school you accept the admission to. Too early to even think about it as you don’t know where you may end up. This issue belong to May-June time.

For all waiting for interview process, please understand that it is important to wait and not feel let down. I would say right now the best thing to do is apply to the supplemental applications and don’t feel discouraged.

Yes. I see the supplement on our Hofstra portal too today. Do they give the supplement to all BS/MD applicants? Also when is the deadline to submit the supplement ?

Good luck to all CASPER test takers tomorrow.

do u know how many ppl apply for the first round?

The number is 300-400 from what I have heard. Cannot attest to the reliability of that source as it was a private college counselor. But about 50% get the first round of interviews is what I have heard.

They said it shows up for everyone who meet the academic benchmark and deadline is Jan 15.

Yes, we also see the Hofstra supplement.
Also, Admitted to PSU but PMM reject confirmed.

If anyone of you is instate for Penn State, don’t feel disheartened by the PMM program rejection. After all they can’t take all the wonderful candidates turning in the applications even if they want to.

Penn State is a great place for regular undergrad with abundant research and additional opportunities. You may also qualify for financial awards on top of the low instate tuition based on your stats.

Does any of you know how many applicants are given the supplement and how many of them are given an interview?

How do y’all know that you were rejected from PMM? Email? Portal update?

Portal update

For those who received Hofstra supplements, did you apply EA1(Nov. 15) or EA2(Dec. 15)?

EA1 -Nov15

love4bs/md – What is
“Discover Your Potential Planning Meeting” in ACPHS? I don’t believe my son got any information about this.

This college is very close to our home and my son liked it when he attended the virtual session. His concern was it is too small and he may not have full college experience. I do not beleive he had any concerns over the major but I will update you with what he picked.

For which program?