Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

You check off your interest for the “Scholars for Medicine Program” in the Common app and submit. Within a week the portal opens up and then you submit the BSMD essay through the Stony Brook’s portal.

1 Like

Has anyone applied to University of Alabama BS/MD program? Have you received any correspondence from them?

So, after the undergrad school forwards the application to med school and when we submit the supplements, does the med school call for an interview based on supplements or they again look into GPA, SAT/ACT etc. in addition to supplement essays?

Yup, they look at everything again including your whole undergraduate app I believe.

Congratulations! Was it a physical mail or email?

They look at everything before the interview decisions.

How many total colleges (including backups) are you guys applying to?

physical mail

This is not possible for an non-resident of IL to apply to UIC GPPA BSMD. You may be mistaken.

It is cumulative decision based on all inputs but medical schools may look for specific competencies required. Go to AAMC website for more info on competencies related to medicine.

has pitt sent out all the invites?

@18likv Medical schools may not like applicants to ask and answer these kind of questions - what are the questions asked in interviews, what are the questions asked in CASPer test.

I have applied to around 28 schools and 5 of them are reg undergrad and everything else is a bs/md

Add to that, current interviewees may have signed NDA and so are not at liberty to disclose unless taking a risk with own application. At the same time, an interviewee from previous cycles may be able to share if they are still lurking here.

Yes. there were 5 days to choose from Dec10-14. DC just got it done today.

Wow that’s a lot of applications, reminds me someone from 2 years back I think, applied only to BS/MDs but not this many and just to one state school. She/he didn’t want to be distracted by having to write fancy essays for brand name schools. I think he/she got into state school with full ride and few BS/MDs from which picked one. Good luck!

@love4bsmd Was this interview with Adelphi or SUNY?

We also received the letter in USPS for UG and Honors with a $30,500 scholarship. If we have to head to Hofstra, it will not cost a leg and arm :slight_smile:

1 Like

@love4bsmd, congratulations!! did you apply in EA 1?

Its only Adelphi interview with a 3 people committee. If they are happy they will have to forward to Upstate. SUNY Upstate interviews will be released 1st week of January and interview dates will be in 3rd/4th week of January for the first batch of rolling per my memory from last year cycle.