Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Brown cancelled interviews this year and for PLME too.

Did any of you applied only through Syracuse and Adelphi for upstate and got the supplemental from Suny upstate?

1540 SAT, 35 ACT, 800 Bio E, 800 Math II, 4.0 UW, 4.8 W, 8 APS and 5 more this year, 6 5’s. So I did have the stats but just wanted to emphasize that I didn’t think I had the super impressive awards or extracurriculars or any hooks.

@breadrolls

Big accomplishment to get into a BS/MD at all, let alone at an IVY LEAGUE school. Any advice to future applicants?

2 Likes

thank you! still some very good stats! congrats again and I am sure you will have a great 8 years!

1 Like

After undergrad forwards to SUNY Upstate, how many people receive interviews?

@RG1972 where do you see the $100 fee? we don’t but my son was given a waiver for the UG application fee, could that be the reason?

@Shanmuga20
We see the Payment due and the link is under “Your Application Status” section.
Also, what do you see under “BA/BS+MD Early Assurance Program Status” ?

My D applied through Syracuse and Alba y and received SUNY supplements through Syracuse as Albany only gave undergrad admission.

Just received an email from SUNY.

We apologize explicitly again for the technical issues we are having – now it seems that many have found our invitation in their SPAM but many also have not. I have gotten your messages and noted them.

Our processing team is doing everything they can and the supplemental invitations will be resent tonight. If you do not have the supplemental invitation by the morning OR have any other issues, do not hesitate to email me back directly tosmithkry@upstate.edu (phonecalls are less effective for being able to troubleshoot for these things).

PS. For those recommended through SUNY Poly, please try again for that listing in the morning!

@RG1972 No payment link under application status, but it says his application has been forwarded to the Drexel SOM and will be notified by Jan 31 if selected for interview. He was accepted to the UG program earlier this week.

1 Like

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Just curious, did you submit the video profile?

I would say to emphasize your personality and really answer “why medicine”. I think too often we think we should include anecdotes, basically list what research and what clinical experiences we had, and just check off all the boxes without answering the why. You need to tell a story and pinpoint specific aspects of medicine that attract you, and maybe that means barely mentioning your extracurriculars. This is relevant to Brown’s essay since it’s only 250 words but for others too, don’t get too caught up in trying to tell them about all your experiences, but just tell your story of how you came to the realization.

2 Likes

yes i did

@breadrolls7 Congratulations! May i ask, did you have to interview with the med school? I know it is an ED, but even virtual?

Doesn’t appear to be any essays in the SUNY supplemental right? Just like a questionnaire.

Correct , no essay for upstate

Message from Siena:

“We have forwarded your application to Albany Medical College for consideration for the Siena/AMC program. Keep an eye out for an email from them about next steps for the combined program.”

Siena has a different process than RPI or Union so for those that were forwarded, I guess we can expect an AMC supplement any day now.

Did your D received supplement from SUNY today(for RIT)?