Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Yes I agree. I thought some may have received more but seems like 20k is the norm. sigh epxensive

Not worth just for UG unless RPI/AMC acceptance.

I agree! Not sure about AMC cost but undergrad itself is going to be $200k. There are still lot of other undergrads that are almost full ride, very confusing but should make a final decision in April.

It is the time to move on as some one confirmed the interview date in the middle of Jan, 2021. All interview notifications may have been sent by now.

I don’t think they give anything more than that. Maybe they give that for very few students.

There has to be a reason for FAFSA and CSS which you forgot about. There is no requirement to submit FAFSA or CSS for a full-pay applicant to be considered for admission. Colleges love you if you are a are full-pay applicant.

Same here…

any idea when AMC (Via Union) will get back ? We submitted the supplemental on 12/8.

Why medicine ? One simple answer may be someone directed me to this field who is a physician. Why not this answer ? No BS stories.

I received 25k. I wonder why

We actually received $25k but 5500 was through something different so I was not sure if that should be included so didn’t mention.

Oh okay. I believe that’s what we got too

The $5500 may not be a scholarship but a loan which is counted as financial aid. It is the maximum loan a first year UG can get.

Ok makes sense. Thanks!

Actually, I take it back. I got 25k + 5,500 for a total of 30,500

I don’t know why

Generally for OOS students, UGs may try to adjust scholarship to match their respective state instate college to lure applicants, that may result in variation.

1 Like

Interesting… but generally I am hearing that it is still expensive. :neutral_face: oh well… if D gets in we will more that happily pay

This happens a lot, not all applicants are treated equally. You will see this with Case Western Reserve University’s merit scholarships.

It is a big achievement to be part of ADHC along with numerous others.
Only a select few are part of successful NJIT/NJMS BSMD cohort.

1 Like