Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

@PPofEngDr: Thank you for the pointer. I went through the 2018-2019 cycle thread and found discussions on SLU. @sunitacarmen also was digging deep on the program as accepted student. Don’t know where @sunitacarmen ended up attending!

Thanks for all the senior members for providing very useful information- @PPofEngrDr, @NoviceDad, @rk2017, @Vicky2019 to name a few.

1 Like

Well, people can say anything about any institution, they may say similar stuff about Penn State (in fact some of the active members here have done that and won’t be surprised if will again), but we have to exercise our own judgment. The only down side to RPI, it is rather rigorous and can affect gpa, but shouldn’t be a concern for the likes of the folks on this forum. Weather may be another concern for some others.

If some one likes the fluff around a place more than the stuff or want to spend as little as possible, then it is something else.

@Geek13 - I believe @doctorpenguin got the Upstate supplement through RIT.

Upstate will consider all the feeder schools that forwarded your application and will invite for interview through only one feeder based on UG ranking and Upstate criteria/rank. And that feeder school is the one you MUST attend, if you choose Upstate program. They don’t allow you to change. So we will only know when they send the interview invitation about the UG feeder, I believe.

For supplement purpose, you can pick one of the schools that you know for sure forwarded and pay the $65 fee. Other than that we have no control.

If you got Upstate supplement, you are forwarded from RIT

D just received Drew rejection. Oh well. Was not expecting much.

No, we emailed Krystal and she said she is working on sending it

Thank you!

1 Like

Does anyone have any information regarding the University of Miami program. I realize that it is not a guaranteed admission into med school but how well did the initial group in 2017 do in terms of gaining admission?

This is not true. RIT sends supplements to 200 applicants and out of those, they only forward 20 to Upstate. They confirmed this earlier this year.

Don’t know any stats but heard about 1/4 or 1/3 of the batch expected to be absorbed into accelerated path (7 years) at the end of sophomore year based on gpa and other factors. The remaining will still continue gaining privileged access to medical ECs and research and some of them may have a decent shot of making it to their own reputed med school upon graduating. Not a bad option if given decent price break.

1 Like

Looks like whoever not received an email until yesterday to advanced for next level, they are done with the GAP BS/MD dream. Did contact UPitt and confirmed. UPitt’s BS/MD road ends here.

Congrats to all who received email and letters from GAP. All the very best.

2 Likes

FYI-
CASPer website says “completed - results delivered” for Dec 10th test date.
Outstanding task is to complete the two essays for Hofstra 4+4 program (due Jan 15th)

1 Like

Got GAP email from Pitt asking to complete in three weeks.

1 Like

@karmayogi
Congratulations!!! When did you receive?

Hey y’all, quick question: do most BS/MD programs superscore? I got a 1470 SAT (780 math + 690 R/W). I would like to retake it to get a 740+ Reading score to get a superscore of 1520+.

Most don’t, but do your own research. There may be a few that will take superscores.

Did anyone hear back from Rutgers about the interview selection for the NJMS BS/MD?

I didn’t. Thought they would sent at least an update on my status by now. Anyone think emails will still come out today?

Does the student get to know the Casper test result or only colleges get to know ?

Has anyone heard from either TCNJ or Rutgers about interviews today?