Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Seriously? I already clarified to @NoviceDad that my comments were not intend for him. I guess you did not read that since you are ignoring those posts :slight_smile: Anyway, my record in terms of presenting both sides of BSMD vs traditional path speaks itself. I ended up responding to your post since your posts about MCAT are totally unbelievable.

Anyway I have no intention of continuing these debates and you are free to continue your one sided posts and promote bird-in-hand theory.

Happy Holidays!

I believe the supplement was part of the Common App; they said on their website that the common app essay and their question “An additional essay titled “Applying to Medical School,” which details your interest in working in the profession of medicine and why you are interested in starting that process at SBU and then continuing at GW.” would be used to determine qualifications to the program.

Please refer to my post#3667. Please select “Upstate Accelerated Scholars, BSMD Program” all the way down in that link. the payment amount is $65. You can figure out with that too.

I am not sure if you can post the entire essay for supplemental in this forum.

Oops I did not see that option. May the scrolling issue!. I paid with Medicine.

Let me reach out to Krystal !

1 Like

seeing lots of Upstate application issues, hopefully one of you active applicants can put summary for good of community.

1 Like

Same time within few minutes of difference

Interviews 1 with sbu dean and 2 with GW faculty I think. I will need to confirm with her. Will check and update here soon.

It does not matter what link you chose as long as the one with $65 is chosen. It takes you to the same URL and payment method. And the pulldown has only medicine in there.

Upstate Accelerated Scholars, BSMD Program

Application fee $65

In a similar boat. PMM finalist, Siena/AMC forwarded, Drexel Forward, TCNJ + NJIT instate interview. TCNJ interviews about 100 and they have been interviewing for about a week or two so there is hope.

All,
Upstate applicants. Please follow these steps.

1. Make sur you receive supplements link from dmiss@upstate.edu with the subject “SUNY Upstate Secondary Application”
  2. Complee the application, complete the essay and make sure to select the college you think that forwarded your application. If none of the undergrad colleges forwarded your application yet, please reach out to Krystal Ripa [SmithKry@upstate.edu] to instructions.
  3. You do not find payment option in the application. Please use the link
    [Application Fees | College of Health Professions | SUNY Upstate Medical University]
    for payment.
  4. Scroll all the way down after you open the above link (last option) and select “Upstate Accelerated Scholars, BSMD Program” ($65) to pay the fee.

Do you know if they are done with sending invitations? I tried calling but got the message about college being closed.

Penn state portal updated with rejections to PMM.

Your application has been given thorough and careful consideration by the Joint Admissions Committee of Penn State and Sidney Kimmel. We write to inform you that you are not among the students selected for admission to the PMM program.

While the PMM program will not be a possibility for you, we still believe in your potential to succeed at Penn State. As a result, we are happy to offer you admission to the Eberly College of Science, with the intended major of Premedicine.

Yes, I think you still will have time, generally BS/DO programs have later application deadlines. Michigan State’s is perhaps the most well known program, actually they have both the MD and DO schools and both are good, but MD is only through traditional route. However their fees for OOS students is prohibitively sky high for both. If you decide to apply and get selected, that would be the first thing you need to ensure, that the BS/DO students will qualify for instate when matriculating into the med school.

Another rather well known name is Nova Southeastern, but I don’t have any personal opinion on that.

In general, my recommendation would be to finish undergrad and decide about going for DO as the need may be. You may want to search last year’s main thread for a list of points I put forth regarding this topic.

1 Like

For St. Bonaventure BS/MD, I just noticed an inconsistency with their essay prompts.

On the common app, the prompt reads “The second essay titled “Apply to Medical School,” detailing your interest in working in the medical profession and why you are interested in starting that process at St. Bonaventure, can be completed here.”

On their website, it reads “An additional essay titled “Applying to Medical School,” which details your interest in working in the profession of medicine and why you are interested in starting that process at SBU and then continuing at GW.”

The difference is that the one on their website tells you to also talk about GW while the common app only tells you to mention their undergrad. I already submitted but I only mentioned their undergrad in the essay. Would this look negatively on me?

Received email to submit supplement for Rowan BS MD thru portal but cannot find the link on the portal to check out supplement application. Did anyone receive email to submit the supplement app? It is due to Jan 6th.

we tried emailing this person and it bounced back so not sure what happened.

MSU does not offer BS/DO program either

Has anyone heard from Purchase for SUNY Upstate?

Would I be hearing from Purchase first about the decision or from SUNY Upstate directly? Thanks.