Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

@Mom22DDs in my portal, there is a message just under undergrad acceptance, with a link to the bsmd app. I believe you had to note a molecular biology major to be eligible

On the front page as soon as you login. Below is what we see. The word application is a hyperlink and open the form with essays questions.

BS/MD Professional Scholars Programs
Your academic credentials indicate that you are eligible to apply to Augusta University’s BS/MD Professional Scholars Program!

The application for consideration will be available until January 15. You are required to submit one letter of recommendation - please use the ‘Freshman Scholars Program’ reference type.

Since BU requirements are lower than WashU, BU students have less stress hence they score 99th-100th percentile with no prep.

For Augusta, it seems that are heavy on in-state intake. Does anyone know how many they take in and also in-state/out-state ratio?

Thank you @MVparent! Looks like everyone that meets the requirement gets the application but sadly, they don’t see our sat scores and hence didn’t anable us for bsmd app. DD is contacting them but might take time to get a response.

1 Like

BU is a good medical school but no match to WASHU.

BU match list is not bad being close to MGH

What are 30 list for T20 ?

Maybe this belongs better in a top Medical schools forum than a bsmd forum @sam2024?

I agree but medical school component is atleast more than 50 percent in BS MD ranking

Congrats on Yale! You would be able to get into med school without a program for sure, and probs a T20 or even T10 school, which is better than what any BS/MD program can get you

1 Like

Can you guys stop this propaganda of getting a 99-100% MCAT score with no effort!

i submitted sunday i think

Hi all, not sure why the argument on this thread is about BS/MD vs Ivy vs Nonivy (etc etc) as this thread is meant for current BS/MD applicants. Would appreciate it if you could move this conversation to another thread as everyone here is just trying to get info on the current BS/MD cycle and it can be hard to find amid the chaos.

3 Likes

Still do not get it why you care of getting 99 percentile in MCAT ashen BU does not allow you to apply to other programs ?

This seems strange though, considering NJIT has already forwarded applicants to NJMS.

They keep interviewing and forwarding, likely rolling for NJIT but not sure if rolling at Njms.

For folks who have competitive kids you need to look at BS MD programs which allow you to apply out and now we Know Brown and BU BS MD don’t

just found it and will avoid these progrmas

Just off the top of my head, working west to east: Washington, OHSU, UCSF, Stanford, UCLA, USC, UCSD, Colorado, Baylor, UTSW, Wash U, Mayo, Northwestern, Tulane, Vandy, Emory, Duke, UNC, Miami, Cincy, Ohio State, Case, Cleveland Clinic, Michigan, Pitt, Penn, Yale, Dartmouth, NYU, Mt Sinai, Columbia, Harvard, Georgetown, Virginia, Johns Hopkins

And that’s ignoring well respected regional schools such as Loma Linda, Utah, Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota and UIC that could make a list depending on how you ranked things like research (Iowa and Nebraska are both key infectious disease centers for instance and even though Nebraska is where the Ebola and first Covid patient s were treated they probably don’t make the top 20).

I know for a fact it is rolling at NJMS. Bc interviews occur Feb to march

It is very strange. But hope nonetheless!!!

U Chicago?

1 Like