Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

No, the interview for current applicants in Feb 2021 may not be like interview at NJMS where one interviews with NJMS medical school admission committee members. The interview with LKSOM admission committee members is held in Spring of Junior year after a preliminary application is filed with LKSOM during the start of Spring semester. All current cycle invitees to Temple BSMD are interviewed during the same day and they all may be given a virtual tour (during covid19) of medical school facilities in the afternoon.

1 Like

My son just got an email for TCNJ interview.

5 Likes

Congrats!

Just checked my Case portal and saw there hasnā€™t been an update yetā€¦ can anyone relate/confirm?

how difficult is it to maintain a 3.75 gpa at pitt as a bioengineering major? is it manageable?

They will invite students for an interview on Feb 1st, if they selected as per the admission office. Please below their response to my email

"We will be notifying students around February 1st if they have been invited for an interview for the program. "

1 Like

Thank you!

I have heard that NJIT gives a full scholarship for undergrad once a student is accepted to NJMS. Is this true or does the previous scholarship of typically 20K hold true? The students would be part of the Albert Dorman Honors College and Iā€™m under the impression that all those students get a full ride scholarship. Does anyone know anything about this?

So hereā€™s what remains for my kiddo and my attempt to put together notification dates:

Temple- interview notice to be sent mid January

Drexel (app forwarded to med school)/ should be notified by end of Jan if picked for interview

Hofstra (supplements sent)- if selected, interviews March

VCU (accepted Honors UG)- end of January(???)

BU- could be notified around 2nd week Jan

Case- portal update end of January

GW- to be notified by mid January

Brown- Notified on Ivy Day?

URochester- to be updated 3rd week of January

FAU (accepted Honors UG)- later spring, March?

1 Like

@snsh5713, some people have indicated that NJIT gives full ride to BSMD candidates but it is not set in stone and is not officially mentioned on NJIT website. They do mention that National Merit Finalists get full tuition. Regardless, I think BSMD students get good (and may be full) scholarship at NJIT.

VCU is the end of January im pretty sure

Did Temple already send the the interview for January or To be sent ?

would pitt be a good option for regular undergrad?

also how difficult is it to maintain a 3.75 gpa at pitt as a bioengineering major if a part of GAP? is it manageable?

Has anyone been emailed from Drexel about paying the med school processing fee? The website says:

• Late December ā€“ All qualified applicants will be emailed with detailed for paying the medical school processing fees.
  • January ā€“ The College of Medicine will email eligible applicants to pay the processing fee.
  • January 15 ā€“ Deadline to pay the processing fee.

But he hasnā€™t received an email and the thing is due in 11 days. I donā€™t see anything on his portal about it either except that his application was forwarded

@mom2boys1999

My S received an email and he paid fee couple of weeks back.But I heard from some one in this group that his D has not received fee details to pay and just the portal got updated like yours as his D fee waived during the application process. May be that is the reason for your S as well. Please confirm from Drexel
Did your S got fee waiver?

Ohhhhh thank you! I completely forgot they waive application fees for veteranā€™s children. I bet the medical college extended the waiver for its application too. I am having him email to double check but I bet thatā€™s it!

Thanks!

Did anyone hear from UIC GPPA Medicine regarding CASper test or interview?

Usually how many does it take for upstate to activate the portal. D applied after 25th. no access to portal yet.

Does anyone knows how long TCNJ interview is as my son has timeslot booked for like one and half hour. If anyone had TCNJ interview, any tips what kind of questions they ask will be helpful. Thank you

interview is standard time - about 45 minutes. They book 1.5 hr for every applicant just in case of technical difficulties.