Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

@Vicky2019

He is very very grateful to have an amazing opportunity like SU already locked in. I think it took so much weight off him, also a validation of all his hard work and efforts over the last 4 years. Its good for students to get that.

He knew that BSMD is going to be harder than Harvard, with a lower acceptance rate. He is pretty well grounded about all this (his mom is another issue lol, I am like come on people, accept my kid!)

1 Like

Thanks for comments. It’s more about informed decision than a risk appetite. I was not aware that Temple conducts interview at Junior year for Medical school. I had assumption that Temple conducts Under Grad school interview and Medical School interview together now. Knowing this, D can take better informed decision based on all available options.

It is amused to see some of the discussion in last 2 days of posts. So called superstars gets sway by B- or such grade requirements.

1 Like

@rk1235rk What area code was the call from BU?

Call came from area code 617.

Call came from area code 617.

Have some people not received how to pay for the Drexel Med School application fee? I still do not see it on the portal, but did receive a fee waiver for UG, so does that carry forward for the med school app fee?

Folks

We have had this discussion on BS/MD vs Hybrid vs EAP before.
Temple is a Hybrid/EAP variant - since it requires an interview in junior year and a student could be rejected post interview.

However, At this stage, I suggest focus on any balance applications (Hofstra, Stonybrook and any other supplementals) and any current or upcoming interviews.

Once you get offers of admissions, it may be good to evaluate specific options in hand.

4 Likes

@NoviceDad- I called BU yesterday because from my D’s portal it was not clear if the science teacher reco was received by them or not. They checked and said that they forgot to update it and it has now been corrected and updated. My anxiety is that due this error they have disqualified my D’s application and hence we have not recieved an interview call from BU. Your thoughts? Thanks

BU will select 100 students for interview. So far they had to information sessions covering 40 students. I think lot more will happen in BU side. So hang in there

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry. I had the same issue when applying. My recommendations took forever to show up, and it wasn’t updated clearly.

1 Like

Unless they explicitly rejected you, hang in there. There are still 1-2 weeks to go before they complete calling all interviewees.

2 Likes

Your fee waiver does apply to Drexel SOM as well. Earlier, @mom2boys1999 also had the same situation.

@Geek13, when you say “had information session covering 40 students” - are you saying BU already had one information session? Were you part of it?

There have been two info sessions so far. I think there might be a total of 4 or 5

Even the interview is done? What for is the information session? If there were 2 sessions already, that means 40 in each roughly and they already called 80 students?

I don’t have enough info to speak about the current application cycle, but in years past, BU started to call people mid December.

With the 1st batch interviews starting in last weeks of January and 1st week of February.

The good news is like @gracewins said, they had 4-5 batches of interviews, so hang tough.

No, usually about 20-25 students in each session. I have not had my interview yet

They had two mandatory information sessions for students who were selected for interview. Each session had20 students. My son attended one of them.

1 Like

Yea same here. I remember them saying that the info session was about 1/3rd of the total students. Also, they mentioned that they received almost double the applications this year