Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Did anyone receive Upstate interview through Syracuse?

UAlbany released decisions today but nothing on BS/MD consideration

What is double the applications? 3000, 4000, any specific number given?

I would interpret that as your application has not yet been reviewed. If it was, the review officer/committee would have asked for the whereabouts of the science teacher recommendation and they would have taken care of that then and there itself. Good luck!

1 Like

@rk2017 Thanks.

Has anyone else heard from GW today?

Same situation for my D. Her portal says, she is missing English teacher recommendation. She had emailed back in December when they confirmed that they have received everything. But the portal is still not updated. She called today and they said, they will create a ticket to fix it.

Not sure if this means her application is not going to be evaluated in time… Sigh…
@confident2021 was your D’s portal fixed immediately after she called them?

@anxiousfor7year No. They said it would take 24 hours to update on the portal.

Thanks. I hope my D’s portal gets updated soon too.

1 Like

@anxiousfor7year I guess the best we can do is wait patiently. Its not end of the world if they don’t get called for the interview. They can always go the regular route of undergrad-MCAT-Med school.

1 Like

I haven’t, but does anyone know how many students receive interviews for GW? And how many of those are accepted?

Sorry they didn’t give any specific numbers

Yes, that is true. Keeping my fingers crossed and waiting patiently. :smile:

1 Like

has anyone heard back from UMKC this week? what is the acceptance rate for ou of state students

It should come out sometime today. Acceptance rate for out of state students is roughly around 14% on the high end

Did they tell you it would come out today? If so, email or check portal?

Based on past years, it comes out on the third Friday of Jan or on a Friday between the 14-18. I’m assuming it will be via email.

1 Like

Is GW done sending out interviews?

Sure, make the best decision based on all available information when time comes. This also involves an analysis(SWOT) of risks and rewards for all options. Choose an option which meets your risk profile/appetite.

I would think no. GW portal says - “We will notify semi-finalists via email by the end of January.”

2 Likes