Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

I also interviewed for the program and got an acceptance letter. They are generally simple questions in a pretty chill video interview format, so no need to worry too much!

2 Likes

Has anyone interviewed for BU yet? If so, how was your experience? Pretty nervous atmā€¦

For BU and other programs, anything you have submitted about yourself would be fair game for an interviewer to ask questions on.
Try not to talk too fast, high pitched, or nonstop.
Itā€™s a conversation, not an auction.
Best wishes !

Has anyone received BU SMED pre-interview rejections? If yes, how the rejection was conveyed? On their portal OR through email or snail mail (USPS)? Just want to know. Thanks.

1 Like

Did anybody hear from SUNY upstate after interview? Some had interview in Jan.

my son got the interview email last week. however have not received email for zoom video call. Do you know how long does it take to get that after the initial email to schedule the information session?. Thanks!

They said by the end of the month but we have not heard anything

anyone know when uconn starts giving out results?

Ivy day just got changed to April 6. This is the screwiest admission cycle ever.

But we WILL triumph!

4 Likes

has anyone received an interview for Sophie Davis CSOM yet?

No, not yet.

No, donā€™t feel nervous. It has been the experience of students in the previous cycles and reporting on this forum, whether selected or not, on how friendly/nice, easy to talk to and professional the interviewers of the BU SMED program had been. Just be yourself and do take time to think and answer. Let them know if you need some time to ponder and be open.

This may be a little off topic but has anyone else heard from the White House regarding the presidential scholars program? Is this something that BS/MD programs would have an interest in learning about through an update letter?

Itā€™s up to you for notifying them about candidacy as thatā€™s having a perfect SAT/ACT score, which they will know about, but definitely if you are chosen as one of your stateā€™s semi-finalists. Idk when those results come out though.

Doubt any meaningful impact on the final outcome. You have already sent them your SAT/ACT score. It is the medical school admission committee, which is not easily impressed. Have you published a research paper in medically related field lately ?.

Has anyone received an interview from Temple or UConn bsmd yet? If I didnā€™t receive one yet does that mean i didnā€™t make it for these programs?

Why do not you call these programs ?. Ask about the status of your BSMD application.

Are PLME decisions released the same day as Ivy day or separately?

I will tomorrow, but I wanted to check if anyone here already knew.

Yes, Brown releases admittance and PLME decisions concurrently.

Thatā€™s another reason why moving Ivy day stinks, even if it is only 7 extra days, still booooooooooooo

1 Like