Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Nothing so far, fingers crossed. Even the Honors admission was only on portal, no email. We decided to wait to hear back for now rather than calling Temple as it looks like no one has heard back on Temple Health Scholars so far.

Yes, you should wait for a few days, IMO. The interview is usually scheduled during the second Friday in Feb. The Spring semester started this Tuesday.

My son got into Temple Honors program too . In November he got UG admission with 14K per year scholarship . I wonder if his scholarship amount will increase with Honors admission

No, Honors College does not give out any scholarships. You are welcome to donate funds for supporting their activities during the year. There are perks like first to register for classes during registration (a big deal for pre-med classes), guaranteed dorm room for four years etc.

Did anyone receive a BU call or GW email this week? Seems like there was a few last week but no new ones the past few days in this forum.

Won’t be too surprised if BU turns out to be another Penn State kind of experience. There was a flurry of activity the week earlier with as many as 10 interview calls being reported here and so was expecting few more this week. But didn’t happen. Kind of a bad omen. Possible that they may have received record number of applications of which they short listed whatever number they wanted to interview and informed them all in one week.

Hope to be wrong, let’s see what happens in the coming week, but not being optimistic.

Nice to see desis continue to make their mark beyond tech, medicine and business. Chicago Bears new DC, Sean Desai, is of Indian descent

4 Likes

Could GW be in the same category? Very few have reported here that they got interview email from GW (which requires them to write supplemental essay - not cool at all). May be it is becoming a trend to invite less students for interview this year.

Temple appears to have many issues this year.
One of my friend’s daughter did not get into their honors program.
When her mom called, they were like - sorry we goofed up and just updated her status.
It seems Temple does not want to improve their processes - every year, the common consensus seems to be that they are chaotic.

My sense is BU and GW are done.
Two years back, they were done calling/sending invites by 3rd week of Jan.

Wow! That’s fantastic.

We received invitation to apply for Drexel Honors program and STAR program. Does anyone know if these are recommended for BA-MD applicants?

When did you receive this? By email or updated in the portal? mY S’s application for BS+MD Early Assurance program has been forwarded to the Drexel University College of Medicine for review few weeks back but no message after that.

Received two weeks ago by email. No change in portal. Portal has the same message that BA-MD application forwarded to College of Medicine.

1 Like

We got this email a few weeks ago. Not sure if I should submit or not either

IIRC, it requires an essay and D did submit it a few years ago after getting a similar email. D got into Drexel BSMD after the medical school interview. IIRC, more than two students were selected from her high school by Drexel BSMD. Not sure if it contributed to the final decision.

On a similar note, What a thrilling series win by Indian National Cricket team in Australia !!!.

1 Like

That was indeed once in a generation series and glad to watch live then.

1 Like

@grtd2010 Thanks! That’s right. Both Honors as well as STAR applications need essays. I know you said it was few years ago, but do you remember if she applied to Honors or STAR or both?

Honors only. It does not hurt to submit one more essay. It might as well help eventually, IMO.