Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

After 2 weeks no reasonable news to cheer on the forum, this week started with first BS/MD acceptances from Upstate.

Picked-up your feeders from the forum. Please change if different.

@Yashi123 via SUNY Poly.
@Herefortwo via SUNY Purchase.
@9the0girl7 via RIT.

Congratulations to the kids and their families!

Good luck to everyone waiting and it’s less than week (Feb 1st) to go for CWRU aspirants.

1 Like

Big congratuations for admitted this early! what a relief…
@Yashi123 @Herefortwo @9the0girl7

2 Likes

Congratulations!!

BROWN PLME if you applied ED you can get admission to both PLME or just for UG, but is binding as if you get into UG and not PLME you still have to attend UG at Brown. But you can get admission to PLME early decision also.

@9the0girl7 - Wow - Congratulations!!!

I am interviewing through Syracuse on March 8th.

May I ask if you don’t mind? After admission to Burnett’s Medical program, will their UG major change from what their applied to into pre-med? Thank you!

I think so, my S applied to some health sciences track since there was no pre-med available in the drop down list at that time.

1 Like

Received a rejection email from REMS :(( Knew more rejections would come, but this is definitely the hardest one so far. Just keep telling myself that everything is meant for a reason

2 Likes

Thank you! I got an email.

1 Like

She forgot to ask but the interview invite came through Purchase. So thinking that would be the feeder.

Also kids who have finished interview with Upstate, please check the missed call list. Yashis announcement prompted my D to check. Apparently Ms. Ripa had tried yesterday as well. It is from an unmarked number not to give away the surprise so do check for missed Syracuse area code (315) numbers.

Regarding the interview, she said two people interviewed her, they didn’t ask any tricky questions. It was more like a casual talk and basic stuff like “tell me about you” etc. While the ad com person was more interested in the normal questions, the MD was more interested in her dance performances and her job at a nearby apple farm. He didn’t ask anything medical related she said. He did ask about her research. She said she really could not have prepared for this interview as it was just a casual conversation and they made her feel very comfortable. Hope this helps.

Also congrats to 9the0girl!!

Congratulations!!! When you receive the interview notification?

Congrats everyone!

Got interview notification from REMS!

7 Likes

has anyone done stevens interview yet? is it like a regular college interview? also congrats to everyone getting into BS/MD programs!

Got rejection email from REMS (Rochester)…feeling sad. My D was really interested in this. Oh well.

REMS rejected!:disappointed:

I received it back in late December.

1 Like

REMS rejected as well. Wasn’t expecting much from this so it’s okay

1 Like

My D also got a rejection from REMS. Don’t lose hope. Will eventually end up where they are supposed to be.

2 Likes