Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

It was ok. I just got asked basic interview questions - nothing special

So they took one month to give results.

That’s what we noticed too. Upstate has provided only one interview date to each applicant, no choice to choose among the three. Jan 6, Feb 15, Mar 8 are this cycle’s dates.

Did anyone received invites for March 8th? If not, there is still hope to receive the 3rd wave of invites from Upstate.

Upstate quoted within 3-4 weeks. These are right there with a day to go for 3 weeks since interview.

@Yashi123, @Herefortwo - Yay! Congratulations to your kids and the proud families!

We were one of the 25 forwarded but not selected to interview i guess.

No, not sure how to phrase it without sounding accusatory. Also unlike some other schools they have not flat out rejected D so we would not want to jeopardize her chances.

25 from each feeder school?

Congrats to all who received acceptance!

We got email from RIT in December that they forwarded 25. Might be less for others.

1 Like

Yes. ACPHS also said they have forwarded 25 to Upstate.

2 Likes

I got into Upstate!!

6 Likes

We didn’t receive that kind of information from Syracuse. My D only applied through Syracuse and UAlbany. Syracuse requested permission to forward and received supplements from Upstate. UAlbany didn’t forward. So only option is Syracuse and I have not heard from anyone in this thread being called for an interview for Upstate from Syracuse. Is there anyone interviewed through Syracuse?

Congratulations! Did you receive an email or phone call?

Congratulations on your acceptance to Upstate via RIT. Cheers.

@Herefortwo Congratulations!!! which feeder school?

Brown’s ED is only for admission into Brown UG but not to PLME to my knowledge…

PLME Candidates and Early Decision

An early decision applicant who indicates a desire to be considered for entry into the PLME may be admitted in December to both the College and the PLME. However, some students may be selected for admission to the College but not the PLME. The Office of College Admission realizes that these students may not wish to be admitted to the College under a binding early decision program if they are not also admitted to the PLME. Hence, the office asks these PLME applicants to apply regular decision. Those who apply and are admitted to Brown but not to PLME will be considered for the PLME program during the regular decision program. The outcomes would be either admission to the PLME program or admission to Brown (the College).
more info…

Has anyone heard from Ric Baylor?

Hey Congrats on the Upstate acceptance! Do you know how many people were invited for an interview through your feeder? Was interview completely mmi or was there also questions about you?

Congratulations to all who got accepted!