Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Hmm

CWRU said they chose not to select my DC as a finalist for PPSP.
And then there is an application plan posted in the same letter saying the following 3 choices:
Choices are given under Application Update:
1.CWRU is my first choice. Please review my application under the Early Decision II plan.
2.I am still interested in CWRU. Please continue to review my application under the Regular Decision plan.
3.Please withdraw my application to Case Western Reserve University.

This is probably dumb question, are these choices 1 & 2 for UG only, but not for PPSP any more?

If that’s what you truly want apply out. But this is only a beginning. Just keep the same momentum like you did these past 4 years, pick a solid UG that does not cost an arm and a leg, prepare for MCATs early and you will be get accepted via the traditional route! That is how more than 95% of US physicians became one. Let this not discourage you or make you move out. Good luck dear.

Yeah just UG. As far as I know they have picked all 70 finalist for interview and those not chosen still have a chance for UG but not PPSP. Really is a bummer : (

What do u guys think of BS/DO options?

how certain are you that test scores and gpa aren’t important anymore. I am hearing that they still see them when evaluating apps and obviously there will be an unconscious bias to kids w like 3 sat subject test scores and an sat over a kid without even one sat even though his extracurriculars are very good.

Did your daughter get REMS?

If anyone applied to the Brooklyn College BA/MD program, do you know when they will send out interview/rejection notifications? Anybody heard back yet?

Decisions for this program are usually sent out towards mid March. - after sending an email to them this is what I got

Also, does anyone know how many rems takes? I am one of the 50 in and I heard bay area kids get in at least one every year and 1-2 invited to interview each year? Is there any validity to that?

@DesiGirl267

Don’t give up !

Nothing is over until you decide it is over.

The BS/MD rejections only means no for now, a temporary setback.

I’ve heard of a one person that got in via the traditional way on her 3rd application cycle and another that got into medical school 6 years after her BS degree. In both cases, they worked with their pre-health advisors well after graduation to strengthen their application.

Best wishes

1 Like

I had an interview with no SAT, not even subject test, and a 3 in AP biology with an intent to major in biology. It was an open interview so they could see all my stats, he even asked me about the 3 in bio :sweat_smile: but he told me it not to demerit myself for that and that the admissions committee felt they could possibly look past that. So to be frank I’m not sure and I imagine it’s dependent on the school, but worrying about stats at this point won’t help you cause it’s already set. So I can’t give you any sure answer saying it doesn’t matter cause it might I’m not sure, my 3 in AP bio may be the cause of my rejection I have no clue, but I figure I can’t change it so why fret.

2 Likes

We have not received any rejection from PPSAP. Got rejected from Rice Baylor which was expected being OOS

With early admission to Harvard finally I agree with Kid that even with after interviews May not consider BU or REMS and already dropped from VCU

I personally like Upitt and am convincing child to be in race although not sure he will finally get interview.

Good Luck everyone even with rejection you learn a lot through this process

yeah like i have good ecs like def the most research in the pool and a 5 in bio - but idk how do they look past the sat theres an obv bias

how certain are you that test scores and gpa aren’t important anymore. I am hearing that they still see them when evaluating apps and obviously there will be an unconscious bias to kids w like 3 sat subject test scores and an sat over a kid without even one sat even though his extracurriculars are very good.

omg don’t take it to your heart and don’t let others decide what you are capable of! Its their loss if they didn’t take you! just keep doing your part and see yourself succeed!

1 Like

Tbh I think you’ll be fine and yeah there probably is bias but you can’t do a whole lot to change that so I wouldn’t worry about it. You can’t really control the process, just how you carry yourself. Just make sure you know your application well and how to explain your desire to pursue medicine and that should help you in the interview.

Won’t help, they will yield protect. Case cares more about yield than any other school.

1 Like

Congrats being selected for the interview. Assume you’re the only one from Bay Area and take it on with confidence!!

idek if that statistic is true

1 Like