Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Rutgers-Newark and NJIT are located next to each other.

TCNJ and NJIT have much larger BS/MD cohorts than Rutgers Newark in a normal cycle

TCNJ accepts only 20 in the end, how many does Rutgers Newark accept? TCNJ has clear breakdown on their site, but couldnā€™t find those statistics for Rutgers

Does that mean Rutgers Newark is not in good area? Sorry, Iā€™m from CA so no idea about those 3 locations

probably, you can count on fingers in your hands.

Rutgers-Newark and NJIT are located in Newark. UCB near Oakland, CA may be an appropriate analogy. TCNJ is located in a secluded area and Trenton is the nearest NJ Transit station.

1 Like

The GAP interview email is usually sent out around this time. Last year I believe it was Feb 7th or so, with the actual interview scheduled for March 16th-March 19th (which was later postponed).

1 Like

^^^Same question

mmi

@spaceguy350 @BGKYMom The AMC interview is a traditional interview with one of the faculty members at the medical school. However, you could consider it a hybrid format as well. There is an important ā€œteam exerciseā€ where students work with each other at one common task. This team exercise is important too and taken into consideration.

Not sure how the format will be this year as interviews will be virtual, but thatā€™s how it was in years past.

The 10+5 is after the interview from the pool of ~50-60 they call for interview.

If you did not receive an update, please reach out to them.

AAMC has data on student age of matriculating class.
Average age is 24.

Is there any reason why we want to reach out to them?

I thought you indicated you did NOT receive an update from them.

Yes, thatā€™s why wondering what could be the reason

Paper published, 5 research internships, a podcast in partnership with stanford university

2 Likes

what do u mean by 10+5. Do u mean 15 acceptcanes or 10 accepted 5 alternates

Why do you have self-doubt ? You have plenty to talk about in the interview to highlight yourself and your achievements.

Yup! Just be yourself and be passionate and you will be fine. You clearly have done some pretty amazing things

I agree with @grtd2010, @REMSHOPEFUL123 you have plenty to talk about so just screw the sat, if they say their treating test optional students equally take their word for it. The sat isnā€™t the one all be all, there are plenty of high scoring students so scoring well on the sat really shows nothing about you. Your amazing EC are gonna be a lot more impressive than a stupid sat score. In my opinion, at the BSMD applicant level good sat scores donā€™t really do you a whole lot, good ECs and essays do.

1 Like