Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Speaking of AP Credits, which BS/MD programs tend to be more flexible with allowing credits to be transferred?

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your advice.

Has anyone heard back from UConn about SPiM interviews?

When will Hofstra BS-MD selection results come out ? will they have an interview ?

Is there any correlation to Medical school prestige and quality of life residencies? Consider Step 1 P/F, Step 2 CS is cancelled. It may be just a matter of time for Step 2 CK to be P/F.

Rutgers has 4 branches, are the statistics from all branches or just their Newark branch? This is premed, not their BSMD program, right?

Deleted

2 Likes

Please do let me know if you find out! Are you from the bay too?

1 Like

No She is not :slight_smile: hope @mom2boys1999 won’t mind me responding.

1 Like

Did you receive via email? If so what was the subject of the email?
My C got forwarded via caldwell so has anyone’s NJMS interview notification been through them?

@kavithad, thanks and best wishes for the interview. My D was interviewed by RU-N in Dec, so hope she was forwarded and receives NJMS invite in the coming days

C called them. They said, interview calls will keep coming for next 2 weeks.

1 Like

Thank you! I was getting nervous!

AP scores could earn you college credit or advanced placement (meaning you could skip certain courses in college). CollegeBoard has this tool to find colleges that offer credit or placement for AP scores. Alternately you can go to any university website and check their AP credit policy there. I was told some colleges may ask you to do (or repeat) certain courses although those were covered in the high school by AP courses.

1 Like

@medman16

There is not going to be easy and single list to share. Review each UG school / Pre-Med office / BS-MD program office requirements very closely when you have all your firm offers in hand to decide.

In general (not BS/MD) higher the school ranking more restrictions than lower ranked, also public schools invariable allow. It may differ by what score in AP, like 3 or 4 or 5 may deny or allow and stipulate which course. Each UG college has a published doc for all equivalent their course number for AP or CLEP or whatever outside exams.

1 Like

Will be interesting how individual stats are looked upon now.

Apart there is perceptive published residency director ranking which may influence in decision making

From what I have heard from others in this thread, they have called BU, and BU have said that they are continuing to send out interviews, but they haven’t done so yet
 My guess is that if the interview notification does not come out by mid February, then they are probably done with interviews. In previous years, the last notification came around February 7th, but I don’t know if it will be the same this year.

The stats are for their main branch, New Brunswick for their premed class of 2020.

Of course Hofstra has interviews. If you already submitted 4+4 supplement, should hear within a week or two about interview invitations. I am suspecting they might have got over 1000 applications this year for a possible 60 invitations or so.

Hofstra already published their interview dates for this cycle: March 5th, 8th, 10th and 12th.

1 Like

@REMSHOPEFUL123 - You are onto something or the other :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Why don’t you use PM/DM feature of the forum, instead of revealing/asking personal details over a public forum.

1 Like