Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Technically it is a legacy and it is being seemed differently from college to college. But won’t be considered a -ve factor.

Usually half a summer (summer 1 = 6 weeks) and only one course for most students. Summer tuition is half priced but the residence costs extra.

They were letting students get credits from elsewhere, like local community colleges, or enroll in BU for an additional summer or study abroad. One can choose whatever is most economical or most desirable as the case may be. Also if one is doing well academically, above certain gpa, they will also let taking an overload, like 5 courses instead of 4 in fall and spring for the same tuition.

Thank you @rk2017. Any idea if they give any kind of merit scholarships to selected students?

They had 25k price breaks for NMF finalists till last year, not sure if they will this time and going forward (Kind of odd that none of their peers give such a thing). They also have presidential scholarships based on overall achievements, but it is very difficult for SMEDs to get because all of them are very high achieving and they cap it to certain percentage within each program.

And of course they are going to match 100% of need based on EFC.

2 Likes

Got formal rejection from GW

DD just for a formal rejection from the GW/GW program

Rejection from GW as well. Going not so good lately. REMS, Case and now GW.

The only one left for us now is the UCONN program… let’s see if that comes through…

Got a rejection from GW/GW. So far 50% success. Penn and BU interviewed. GW/GW and Rice/Baylor rejected pre-interview.

1 Like

Rejection from GW as well. :frowning:

Rejected from GW

Rejection from GW as well.

lot of rejections.

No. My D interviewed with W&J and did not hear back…

2 Likes

+1, DD rejected from GW, mail very similar to SBU/GW rejection.

Lots of rejections… waiting for PMM result…thats all we have.

DC received interview invitation from FAU today

5 Likes

Ditto, GW said they had 1,200 applicants.

Do we know when that is expected? I heard Feb. 15th but my D said they mentioned March during the interviews.

Congratulations! When did you receive that?