Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

To all students or their parents - Its pretty easy to calculate your EFC using calculators provided by each college. I calculated our EFC for each and every college to which my S applied. I highly recommend using this feature for clarity.

Does anyone got to hear from pitt GAP?

Did anyone receive from U Conn ?

Thank @Vicky2019 - that is all very good information for PMM accepted students to ponder on. Can you tell us if a student needs a car on campus for 3 years at Penn? From what I see - it is at University Park which is not a big town. Also do PMM students take same classes (at the same time) and house/live together?

Penn State University Park campus is in central county PA, about 2 hours east of Pittsburgh, PA.

Jefferson University/Sidney Kimmel Medical College is in Philadelphia, PA

State college town is small but the University itself has 50, 000 students. Its a very large public university. However pretty walkable. No need to have a car. Some students take bicycles.

All PMM students don’t take the same classes since not everyone has the same interests or the # of AP/advanced classes. Many students take popular classes like Orgo, Molecular Biology etc
 so, form informal study groups to prep for tests and do projects etc. Typically once Students know each other, they can discuss before hand and choose to take some of the same classes.

They had a facebook group for 2027 class and applied for the same dorms. They will create a new group for 2028 class (after people start committing) in March/April.

With 25 PMM classmates, students have a lot of support from each other. They are pretty close to each other. Even after just one semester, my son has a good group of friends with same interests. Throughout his schooling he didn’t have Indian friends (our town doesnt have Asians/Indians) and now in PMM, he is enjoying this for a change :+1:

I’m new to the thread. Can anyone tell me if a student can advance to SKMC after 2 years if he has enough transferable AP credits? Can it be a 6 year program?

I called Uconn yesterday. They told me only the people who are invited for an interview will receive a notification. Those not chosen will not receive any notification.

1 Like

It is not allowed to reduce it less than 7 years as far as I know. It used to be a 6 year program few years back but they decided it is not ideal.

1 Like

Congrats !!

No, it cant be a 6 years program. It will be a 7 yrs program.

Strange that PMM status was updated on portal but they never sent any emails (to check the portal).

I think now that shouldn’t be a concern to you at all as they gave you admission, just enjoy your day. :slight_smile: I can understand it’s a such big relief that you’ve one acceptance in hand.

1 Like

Has ANYONE gotten a call for an interview for BU SMED?

Do you mean today? My D already interviewed with them last week.

For those of you having UMKC interviews today, I would like to know how they are doing the set up in zoom. Meaning, will they just give you your prompt in the chat, present it, or etc

And if you get to see the time that you have left to read the prompt and answer the question

1 Like

I meant in general. When did she receive the call? And has anyone else heard back?

NO - got to do something else for year 3.
A second major or a minor.

1 Like

Congrats to everyone who got into PMM.

1 Like

Can’t remeber the date when she received BU interview call - it was few weeks back. You can read earlier posts on this thread (other people have also posted when they received BU call). Most consensus on this thread is that they are done inviting people for interviews. But someone also posted that they called BU and BU said they are still inviting more people. So I guess there is still some hope. Best if you can call BU to get straight answers.