Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Can anyone tell me about FAU interview experience ? We have one coming up this week. Thank You

Have all FAU and Hofstra invites been sent?

@gracewins

For FAU, there are 2 more batches of interviews.

One this week as Nebula1 stated and one more after that.

For all the parents with a younger child or student with a sibling on this thread, the legislature of Florida created a full Cost-of-Attendance scholarship called Benacquisto Scholarship for In-State and Out-of-State students that covers tuition+fees+room+meals+books for for those who earn a National Merit Finalist standing.
It is something worth considering for future application cycles.
No application essays are needed :smiley:

It can be used at the schools listed below, not all of which have BS/MD programs, some have Early Assurance programs:

Currently, only nine Florida institutions participate with the National Merit Scholarship Corporation as a College-sponsor for the 2020-21 academic year:
• Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
• Florida Atlantic University,
• Florida International University,
• Florida State University,
• New College of Florida,
• University of Central Florida,
• University of Florida,
• University of Miami, and
• University of South Florida

4 Likes

Any idea how the FAU selection process? They said they are only taking 10 students this year and also said they are going to release the results within 2 weeks for the first batch students. So they only take few kids from that batch while the interviews are still going on?

@mygrad2021

Yep, I agree with your statement.

My guesstimate is that they will make offers to 15+ students overall, as those invited for interview have option to go elsewhere, plus they have a waitlist to fill as well.

1 Like

did anyone take umkc interviewes this week, any feedback/tips/pointers will be highly appreciated.

Got rejection from FAU lmao my hope is waning

DD also rejected from FAU. My older DD interviewed there and was very impressed by a Dr. Rose there who was part of the administration and almost joined FAU. She made a different choice.l, mainly for financial reasons, and still wonders if she should have gone to FAU given how supportive the medical school administration seemed to be. Now, older one cannot push the younger one to take another look at FAU, so all good.

What other schools are you waiting to hear from @gracewins ? Remember, not all interviews are even out yet.

My DC received Rejection for FAU B.S./M.D. Program - Schmidt College of Medicine.

Waiting to hear from NJMS. Also waiting for Hofstra (most interviews sent out) and Upstate (only one round left with seats being filled up). At this point, I just hope I did and will do well on my other interviews.

All you need in one admission you like, and the more confident you are, the more you’ll realize you will do fine no matter what. Chin up and stay positive!!

Do they get decisions from each college separately, cos there are two for FAU, right?

No you can select any campus of your choice.

@gracewins, what do you mean by one round left for Upstate?

Was your older D national merit finalist? Just trying to analyze if the rejection was just because of that.

does anyone know how the njms deans session gonna work?

Yea! One of the associate deans speaks for about an hour about the school and answers any questions the students have. For the next half-hour, all the faculty leave, and the applicants are left with two NJMS students to ask any questions they have.

1 Like

Thank you! Is PMM binding program? I couldn’t find that information anywhere.