Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

They said within 2 weeks on your interview. On rolling basis. So whenever you had your interview, expect it within 2 weeks (most likely 2nd week).

1 Like

Thank you. 2-3 people responded around same time I responded for my DC. They all got Hofstra interview too.

Do you know how many people gets interviews Vs acceptances? Is this good program?

Can you please give me the name of the site in DM? Thank you!

As far as I can tell, it is a good program. The medical school is new as compared to some other ones. They have small class size (64-66).
They said they have invited 36 people for interview and will accept around 10 with some on waitlist.

1 Like

Ultimately, what percent of those interviewed at NJMS are offered spots?

Majority of NJMS acceptances go to NJIT and TCNJ (approx. 25 each) and then smaller portion (5-10) go to other feeders such as Caldwell, Stevens etc. Same can be deduced for interview invites, NJIT and TCNJ forwards getting more interviews (since they forward more applicants, 75-80 each).

How many students get invited at interview SBU Scholars for Medicine? And How many student will be chosen at the final?

Similar info request for UConn please - does someone here know number invited vs offered admission vs accepted?

Thanks

Donā€™t know anything about SBU or UConn since we did not apply there.

Would you put Rutgers Newark into other feeders bucket as well?

So whoever did Friday of the week before last week should hear by tomorrow then.

2 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m new to CC. Has anyone who received a CWRU PPSP interview heard any info about scheduling interviews?

did they select you for interview and are you waiting for the date?

Anyone here applied for MHSP (oaklahoma) ? we should hear from them by feb end - i s it finalists only or everyone will hear , even rejections.

DS has not heard anything from CWRU other than it would be from March 17-19, 2021, and that in addition to the interview, there will be other virtual events and required activities to participate in.

We applied and havenā€™t heard back. We also heard back from Tulsa (same medical school I think) that their interview date is now early April rather than March, and notifications are delayed.

i got an interview with Pitt!!!

8 Likes

Not sure if anyone commented on this, but as far as I know Hofstra is the only program that expects students to clear in one shot and score 80% ile or higher. No other program stipulates any such condition. Drexel is another one which says the students also have to score above certain minimums in each section and their bar was kind of higher like 87% ile. Have heard of few students missing out on the minimums in each section even as they achieved the composite requirements and had to retake. Havenā€™t been following any possible changes to that program recently.

For the caliber of students making into these programs I donā€™t foresee any issue meeting the MCAT requirements in a single attempt. In the very unlikely event another attempt or two shouldnā€™t be an issue. Also most of them easily surpass the minimum expected score range by 15-30% ile points, depending on the program.