Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

My D Harvard alumnus interview lasted 2 hrs. Good luck with REMS interview. So its two day process with REMS?

Yes. Tonight was like an intro to the program and a panel for Q/A which parents could attend and then the students split off and did their own separate reception.

Tomorrow he has 3 interviews: 2 individual and 1 group. And a couple of panels/sessions again.

Decisions will be released by April 1

5 Likes

If your D gets accepted to Harvard, does she go to Harvard or FAU? Just curiousā€¦

Is getting Harvard Alumni interview a good sign? My DC got one too.

That will definitely result in some contentious, long and painful discussions in our house :). Harvard is a long shot anyways.

1 Like

Donā€™t think so. Alumni interviews usually have very little significance in admission decisions.

2 Likes

Guess our kidā€™s FAU rejection email may be valid indeed. No call for us.

Our share of good news for the day - DD was invited by Temple to interview for Medical Scholars Program. W&J was the first program she applied to, so she is very excited for it!!

They mention there will be info sessions and tours, and also a writing activity. Anyone has more info on this and could share?

8 Likes

When did she have interview?

Her W&J interview with Dr. Harris happened even before the W&J application deadline, if I remember right. She is invited to interview with Temple now. I donā€™t know the Temple interview dates but I assume it is in March. I can find out and update tomorrow.

Heard from someone that they got rejection email, but got acceptance call today.

2 Likes

And those interviews are optional to attend and carry very little/no weightage in admission decision.

1 Like

Anyone finished Drexel interviews? How long were they?

Congratulations to everyone who got Pitt, NJMS and Hofstra interviews.

Congratulations to everyone who got FAU admit!

2 Likes

My son had one too. Most everyone gets interview.

We have not recā€™d acceptance from Upstate as of now. They had mentioned the timelines during interview sessions, that is why I was asking the acceptance question.

1 Like

Does anyone know which CLEP exams are acceptable for UMKCā€™s program?

Whoever got admission call from FAU for their BSMD program, what is the deadline to confirm/accept? May 1st?

why do ask this question? Is it not May 1st by default?

Did Rutgers Honors College invites come out? I am asking because someone on this thread said they got an application, but on their websites it says invites go out in Marchā€¦

1 Like