Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

I got my invite a few weeks ago through email, maybe check there…?

we got Rutgers new brunswick one yesterday.

Some folks on this thread said that upstate gave only 2 weeks or so, wondering if it’s the same case with FAU

1 Like

what happens if you accept and then your D gets harvard?

It seems the interview with Temple is going to be along with those who apply via regular MD. There is a writing activity, presentations ( including Student Financial Services on how to finance a MD ), and two interviews ( one open and one blind i.e. applicant’s file is not available to the interviewer). The interviewers can be MDs and/or PhD professors from medical school/Temple University Hospital.

Wihtout compromising the integrity of the interview process itself, is there general information you could share on the writing activity please?

Please check this out as details for a regular MD interview process.
MD Program Admissions Interview | Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University.

1 Like

Congratulations! My DD was invited for Temple interview.

4 Likes

DD got Rutgers-NB Honors college invite yesterday too…

I didn’t realize u have to do college of arts and sciences at NB. Any chance I can still get an invite to BSMD if I got honors at engineering and pharmacy?

It does not include Engineering/pharmacy but only SAS and SEBS. Call them and apply to SAS or SEBS if you have not. May be SAS or SEBS did not nominate you to HC ( tough competition).
https://honorscollege.rutgers.edu/admissions/4plus4-program

@unknownscorpion, are you referring to Honors college for Rutgers-Newark or Rutgers-New Brunswick? We received Rutgers-NB honors email as many others have reported here. No email yet about honors college from Rutgers-Newark. Not sure if anyone else has received it.

1 Like

Both Honors College/Honors Program are quite similar at Rutgers-NB. The perk with Honors College is one year exclusive access as a resident to Honors Dorm.

@medman16 - are you a presidential scholar ? I think NB-BSMD is only for presidential scholars.

The issue is that @medman16 did not get in to HC from SEBS or SAS. The presidential scholar is a level of scholarship awarded by Rutgers-NB, IMO. Have the scholarship notification come out from Rutgers-NB.

1 Like

that’s the tricky part

Understood. got it. I was thinking as he medman was asking about BS/MD. for that i think below is the criteria. For financial/scholarship info, the email said, will be released in a week.

• Students who applied to Rutgers and were invited to be Honors College students through SAS or SEBS, planning to start in the fall of 2020.
  • In-state Presidential scholars
  • By invitation letter
1 Like

Yes, @medman16 needs to be admitted to SAS (Arts & Sciences) or SEBS (Environmental and Biological Sciences) HC first. S/he seems not to have applied to those colleges or did not get into HC from SAS and SEBS ( tough competition ).

1 Like

As may have been indicated by others the presidential scholars selection is of the highest rung at Rutgers. Usually one has a shot if school valedictorian. Don’t remember stats on how many such awardees per year, but needless to say very selective.

Not all among from the presidential scholars will be invited for the 8 year med program (for instate only). Depends on essays, interests expressed, past ECs et al. The intake into the program is about 10/year, so doubt if more than 25 will be invited for interview and so more than 50 invited to apply to. Rutgers is massive, so sea of applicants. So don’t stress over it.

1 Like

We will see discussions like this in this thread on Ivy Day April 6th. :grinning: