Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Did anyone who applied to OU MHSP hear back yet? The website said decisions for interviews were to come out by end of February. Does anyone know if they let you know even if you’re not invited to interview?

1 Like

mid-March

Someone had said that Tulsa (same medical school) said that invites were coming out this week or very soon. So most likely OU also has not sent any.

DD received email that Tulsa interviews are delayed now to April. Not sure when the invites would go out then, but I’d expect it’d be mid-March or later. Could be the same for OU but we didn’t receive any communication about BSMD interviews from OU so far.

1 Like

Hello grtd2010

Thanks for post UAB’s info, where can I find such info for other schools, MSAR?

@queenb2020

If you go the Traditional path, here’s a link that gives you a ballpark estimate of your chances at all medical schools based on your MCAT sectional scores, Overall GPA, Science GPA, etc…

Congratulations! I cannot find much information about stats or program retention or matriculation. Do you have any insight about the program?

OU web site still shows March 22 & 29 interview dates. Mostly tomorrow notification may come for interview.

Though OU and Tulsa same medical school, the BS/MD program and independent. So Tulsa delay in interview should not affect OU. But Tulsa delaying to Mid-April is so late in the game.

Just read that Tulsa’s interviews are now April 7! That’s even after Ivy day. Wow

Maybe there’re expecting anyone going Ivy path to decline the interview so it saves everyone time?

Is signing the FAU paperwork or the like such as UCF now binding? Since there are more bsmd program decisions and RD pending, it’s hard for kiddo to make “final” decision now. Thanks for any enlightenment.

I attended graduate school in US and had lot of interactions with undergrads in computer labs. I also interact with lot of HS kids given my involvement in various activities. Education in US is not about just getting a degree and making money.

1 Like

You have to read the paperwork. CNU admission doc made it clear that one can withdraw anytime before May 1st if they wanted to accept another admission offer. As long as the paperwork clearly states they can withdraw the acceptance without penalty, you should be fine.

Despite all the negative drumbeats here, if you got into Harvard or Stanford for UG and finances are not a concern take them over BSMD. Both are grade inflation schools and unless you are really screwup you can get into any T20 medical school. I won’t go to JHU for premed.

3 Likes

Please read the papers carefully before signing. It should tell you exactly what you are signing up for. As far as I know, no college is binding until you pay the deposit (ED is different story). When in doubt, contact the college.

Apparently CNU is denying admissions to medical school for some BSMD students despite meeting the GPA/MCAT requirements, so anyone who is considering it check it out.

MSAR is helpful for getting specific information about any medical school but this was from UAB website.

-deleted.

Thanks for answering my question. My question is specific to bsmd admission paperwork ( it may not be that clear in my original txt). What if the paper work is silent with respect to withdraw, instead simply state the acceptance of a place in the program?

Then I would recommend getting clarification from the school if accepting the admission in binding for 2021 or whether you can withdraw without penalty, and if there is penalty involved, confirm it is only monetary.