Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

SLU- Saint Louis University.

Correct, So the question/debate i am having is SLU vs Traditional Path.
The reason of this debate is primarily Cost and Options.

What other UGs are you considering?

Based on information you had provided, don’t take ton of debt for UG school if end goal is indeed medicine. If there is a slight thought of pursuing other careers, give a serious thoughts about those colleges as UG (so many kids are indecisive between eng and medicine at this juncture).
Ultimately it is kid fit factor plays bigger role.

Rice Baylor keeps changing the number of candidates they accept each year. In any given year they have never taken more than 8 candidates. The number is never constant. I am keeping a track of this program for 9 years since my son applied for it.

1 Like

Did you apply for Presidential scholarship at SLU? If so, just wait another week or two before you start this discussion. If awarded, with full tuition in hand, that may sway your decision in favor of SLU versus other in-state options. Its a different story if your DC choose to go top 10/20 UG program and cost is not a concern. Good Luck.

UIUC
U of W Maddison (OOS)
UNC - Waitlisted (OOS)
U of Minnesota (OOS)
Rutgers (OOS)
U of Michigan Ann Harbor - Deferred (OOS)
Waiting on a few more.

1 Like

Yes we did and we did not get an interview for it.

no UIC?

Yes UIC Honors College as well. DC is doing Research there, if that helps. Me personally want to keep DC there for various reasons. :slight_smile:

what majors is your C admitted to at various UGs?

Congratulations to you and your D @NoviceDad.

Congratulations :grinning:

Psychology. Looks like one cannot have more than 22 replies on Day 1. Hence cannot respond. Nor can i send PM. Need to wait i guess. Thanks @PPofEngrDr for all your responses

How big is cost a factor for your family?

@NoviceDad Congratulations to your D! and wish her all the best in the med school. My D is freshman at Upenn and the premed classes are very challenging and I know she will definitely need tutor for Orgo. Let me know if your D is willing to tutor as she will be taking in her sophomore spring next year and if your D will be available to tutor at that time.

Congrats to your D and your family @NoviceDad ! Good luck to her!

Has anyone heard from OU MHSP? When do they send interview invites and do they send rejections?

wow that is heard first time. Nothing to worry, you may continue tomorrow as nothing to rush.

@NoviceDad
Congratulations on your child’s success at Northwestern and acceptance into Feinberg SOM.

You are among the best on this forum providing no-nonsense answers, straight to the point, keeping perspective on both BSMD and traditional MD paths.

Keep up the good work. God bless you and your family. Wish your DD all the success in her journey. Cheers.

2 Likes