Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

Folks

LECOM: It is the largest DO school in the country. Their freshmen intake is about 540-550 students - that is nearly 4 times an average MD school.

While it may have some “stupid” requirements like dress code, it does provide quality medical education.
It’s residency match rate for past 5 years has been over 99.3%.

If you plan to join its BS/DO program, ensure during your undergraduate years, you are well connected with your feeder school’s Health Advising office as well as LECOM admin. This will help you stay on top of your requirements.

All the best to you! When is your interview?

1 Like

Thank you. Did not schedule yet.
Good luck to the rest of this group!

MATCH DAY

Next week is match week with current M4 will know whether they matched or not on Monday and the actual place they match on Friday.

Nothing is guaranteed in life except taxes and death :grinning: if a student continues with same work ethic that got them into whatever tier of UG or medical school they should have similar success. Again given holistic nature and different selection criteria each school uses, selections appear random.

Congrats @cheer2021 and good luck for the interview!

Has anyone else gotten interview invites from Stony Brook?

1 Like

Why would a residency director rank anyone who has not been interviewed by the residency program during NRMP ? This is absolutely unheard of.

Anybody hear back from Brooklyn College BA-MD? I interviewed 2/26 and apparently others got results but I did not get any emails. Is this a rejection? Or are they rolling?

Just got acceptance to Union/Albany Med!

12 Likes

Congratulations! When did you interview?

1 Like

Thank you! Mid January

FYI

Congratulations!!!

D got acceptance to Union/AMC !!

11 Likes

Congratulations !!!

1 Like

Congratulations

1 Like

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

I got an email saying my Union/AMC application on the “still under consideration list.” Any thoughts on what this means?

Congratulations!:+1:t4::tada:

1 Like

Congratulations!:+1:t4::tada::clap:t4: