Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 2)

It is UAB BSMD, Alabama. It is may be better than SBU BSMD. They do give good merit scholarship to NMFs ( even may be full-rides ).

Can you get D full ride!!!

My friend is professor in ECE ( have few across few schools) at UCLA.

Then why Indians and other Asians gets the blame.

Full ride at Vandy is tempting and if we had I could have negotiated my son to leave full pay Harvard and use the money for med school so that I can retire

vandy som has also improved rankings

Any advice on TCNJ vs. Stevens NJMS if admitted to both? Asking more from academic/undergrad experience. Thank you

@grtd2010

My dad has been there for 10 yrs now and is perhaps the only senior priest ( other young guys are fired or leave due to usual Indian politics - most young guys like techies only do for GC- BTW best profession to get GC although miserable pay).

Born in priestly family, he learend as a kid but never used while govt job in India. After retirement, he would get bored while staying with us and helping kids. One fine day, LA temple offered him a priest position and then he moved to 1-2 places and is settled with Fremont temple ( They offered in Marwah in NJ also, very new temple - but since cold, I discouraged him).

Hot field - Very easy to get job.

Damn he never taught me details and I can just survive!!

They used to have 4-5 days food but stopped due to pandemic.

Folks in bay area- Visit him and temple, say hi for me and get lords blessings. You would know him - As humble as me!!!

1 Like

Learn all about student loans at
Federal Student Aid 2

How difficult or easy it is to maintain grades at Vanderbilt?
I am not sure if Vandy is grade deflating, inflating or neutral?

I just thought its super cheap and then realized (with your explanation) that Its just the tuition cost, not COA. We have similar cost for SUNY Upstate and am estimating CoA to be 400K for 8 years.

1 Like

@cheer2021 - would live in info, I would go with option one.

1 Like

Full tuition not full ride. Did your son apply to Vandy?

Stevens BSMD will give you more options to do major in Engineering areas where as TCNJ is a more like a LAC, regular college experience.

I consider it to be neutral. You need to stay focused. Remember Vandy admissions are stats heavy (close to 4.0 and 35 ACT etcā€¦).

Which temple is this? [quote=ā€œcompengineer1, post:2330, topic:3511165, full:trueā€]
@grtd2010

My dad has been there for 10 yrs now and is perhaps the only senior priest ( other young guys are fired or leave due to usual Indian politics - most young guys like techies only do for GC- BTW best profession to get GC although miserable pay).

Born in priestly family, he learend as a kid but never used while govt job in India. After retirement, he would get bored while staying with us and helping kids. One fine day, LA temple offered him a priest position and then he moved to 1-2 places and is settled with Fremont temple ( They offered in Marwah in NJ also, very new temple - but since cold, I discouraged him).

Hot field - Very easy to get job.

Damn he never taught me details and I can just survive!!

They used to have 4-5 days food but stopped due to pandemic.

Folks in bay area- Visit him and temple, say hi for me and get lords blessings. You would know him - As humble as me!!!
[/quote]
Which temple is this? I know Livermore and Miliptas temples, not a big temple visitor.

Vandy SOM is ranked #10 in PD survey.

@cheer2021
Drop USC. If medicine career clear and finance is not an issue go with SBU.
If not go with UT Dallas.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info.

The point to clarify about Vandy. Though @srk2017 S had free tuition, it is a specific scholarship and not many will get. Credit to his S for whatever he is doing in a focused way and some state/national level competition involvement etc.,

My C does not want to spend too much money on education. Refused to join private HS and the reason did not apply to any Ivy or Top20. Exceptions were only if the site mentioned there are Merit aid. So she applied to Vandy, UofChicago because of Merit aid and NU, WashU & Rice due to BS/MD programs (at that time). Though she got admission for Vandy and Rice, no aid. She had a perfect score in ACT, APs, SAT II. The point is getting specific presidential or named scholarships (which are normally 1 to 3 or 5) is for extremely outstanding students. So donā€™t assume you missed applying Vandy for missed aid.

2 Likes

No he did not apply to Vandy and were not aware of these merit options

I have heard they have good Nueroscience program.

Agree fully. No one knows how schools award merit. There are kids from his HS (in previous classes) who did better than him in science at national and international level. He probably got it because he showed results in every activity he participated (4 different science categories, Robotics and Speech) instead of one category or just got lucky.