Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 2)

It is there in their database to check.

But in CA Peet’s Coffee is ranked higher :crazy_face:

Peet’s Coffee and Tea versus Starbucks: Menu Comparison - The Aggie.

Hi
Our application forwarded via TCNJ, NJIT and Stevens and Interviewed with NJMS.
Have not heard from NJIT yet. Does that mean, we did not get selected ?

When will TCNJ give results?
Anyone from Stevens got the results?

TIA

Congrats to everyone at NJMS

It is really strange that no one has posted on CC having received a TCNJ/NJMS BSMD acceptance phone call. In the past, it was not the case. May be they are not so thrilled to let the world know about their achievement !!!.

1 Like

If it is a rejection, will they notify via the email ?
There are no changes in the portal for NJMS or TCNJ or Stevens.

TIA

I hear no Dunkin in CA as wonderful wheather doesnt need it! More adrenaline need in NE with Dunkin Coffee!!

NJIT was still calling accepted students yesterday. It is possible they may continue to do so today – I would reach out to NJIT to confirm whether or not they are still calling.

One opened close to my office in NorCal 2years back. We have lot of other coffee chains and Krispy Kreme has more locations for donuts.

Thank You

I’m a Peet’s fan, but realized it is primarily CA and Seattle.

But the comparison was done for TCNJ vs RNWK, not RNB. I don’t think BAMD has option to choose the Rutgers campus, they have to go to Newark campus.

It is in-state cost, not full ride. And Med school will be worked out by them as in-state too.

Surprised. They usually give full-ride to BSMD. Maybe they’ll update after they have the results. Now that you have the decision, doesn’t hurt to ask.

Same here waiting anxiously for Hofstra’s call. My DC’s interview date was 3/12.
Hofstra(ZSOM) conducted 4+4 interviews for the following dates:
Friday, March 5, 2021
Monday, March 8, 2021
Wednesday, March 10, 2021
Friday, March 12, 2021
So far it appears from the postings in this CC thread, Hofstra called selected candidates from the first interview date i.e., 3/5 only.
Has anyone taken an interview for a later date and got a call from Hofstra? Please post. Thank you and good luck to all who are on wait mode!

2 Likes

Is NJMS a better med school than FAU med school ?
Thank You

We would be paying OOS cost around $17k/yr for 3 years after they cover in-state costs, which is not bad.

I have reached out to a med student at FAU & here is his response about FAU:

“
Yes, FAU is a true BSMD; It’s also not a restricted program which means you can apply to other med schools while still holding your spot at FAU MED. In my view, I think they require the interview/application because it forces kids to evaluate their passion for medicine as well as reflect on their life experiences. Everyone who has passed the 510 mcat cutoff & the 3.7 gpa has been accepted.

I believe every class since 2011 has had a 100% match except from 1 year when it was 97%. I’m not sure about this year’s numbers but we had 3 harvard matches, baylor, UChicago, Emory, and several other impressive matches.
“

Ranking of NJMS is better than FAU. Also NJMS is older school. FAU is small class size (~65). But as far as education, residency match, other opportunities - I don’t know.
Weather at FAU is definitely better - it is right next to beaches.

Thank You for the info, FAU costs less since they offer full ride Vs NJIT, and the neighborhood around NJIT is not the best. Also, we love the small class sizes@ FAU Vs NJMS. But my S is interested in NJIT since not as far as FL. So we are still debating which way to go.