Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

for those on this thread who already received Hofstra invites, would you mind sharing your stats please?

Can anybody shed some light on the format of the GW Medical School interview? Format? Tips?

@bsmdseeker2019 The best way to find someone who is currently in a specific school, go to previous years ‘RESULTS’ thread and see the decision. For example, I searched 2018 results for RPI/AMC and see moneyswag has joined.

At the worst case, simply browse each page of results thread and search (Control+F) and put RPM/AMC.

That brings up an important point for all:

Use the results thread JUST TO POST the summary and perspective. DO NOT have any discussion and follow up questions etc and this is the thread for that. The reasoning behind this decision is, so that results thread is always only 10-15 pages and easy for future students/parents to know the gist the BS/MD process and learn and find someone in a specific school. No one is going to browse the discussion thread since it grows so fast and hard to find. For example,
I was out for a month and this thread has grown 100+ pages already in a month.

@Mahikesh do you mean somebody got a HPME rejection in this cycle?

Thanks @GoldenRock

@bsmdadmit yes

@zsxBSMD2019 Fantastic news and congratulations!

Did AMC or Union promise $20k/yr merit-based scholarship for 4 yrs or on a yearly basis?

@bsmdseeker2019 - my wife completed the RPI/AMC program. I was at RPI as well but went the traditional route. Did you have any specific questions in mind?

Temple PPHS decisions out. DS just got email. Accepted! 23 interviewed. 13 offered acceptances. Have to notify them by April 19. I thought May 1st was the unofficial notification deadline for most colleges.

How many on this forum got invite to HPME ?

@Greentree2000 Thank you! Union College promised $20k per year for a total of $80k in the four years of undergrad

@Smilescreen
No worries- it is always better to ask and clarify.

@OldSchoolMD
Congratulations

Folks

Share your experiences in the RESULTS thread when you are ready

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/multiple-degree-programs/2126726-bs-md-results-class-of-2019.html#latest

@OldSchoolMD Congratulations !!!

Congratulations to everyone who got interviews / are accepted. Anyone applied for W&J and LKSOM program ? If so do you know if LKSOM interview dates are out ?

@NoviceDad
DD took ACT early this year and got perfect score.Thank god, one thing off her plate. She is planning to take PSAT next year as a Junior to see if she can qualify for National Merit Scholar. She is still deciding whether she wants to take SAT during junior year or not, she has mixed feelings. But looking at the profiles here, most of them attempted SAT and ACT.

@Smilescreen
There is NO need to take regular SAT if you have perfect scores in ACT.
Your DD’s time is better invested in preparing for subject tests and working on her “Why medicine?” Essay.

ACT 36 is calculated as an average of the 4 sections, if you get a 35.5 but it gets rounded up to a 35, does it still count as a perfect score? @NoviceDad

@Smilescreen - I agree with @NoviceDad - there is NO need to take SAT if already have a 36 on ACT. One only has to submit one test score (SAT or ACT). The reason most students take both the SAT and AC T is since they are not exactly the same testing format (some minor differences), he or she may want to see which test format they do better.

@8thgradekid - in my opinion, having a 35.5 that gets rounded up to a 36 or even a score of 35 on ACT will NOT be the reason one does not get offered an interview or accepted to college or BS-MD program. With an ACT 35 or 35.5, I would think time would be better spent on working on other facets of application (extracurricular activities, volunteer/community services, research, etc.).