Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

For the Union/AMC interview, do your academics and resume still count in the decision or do they just look at how your interview was after you get accepted for the interview? I had my interview with VCU and they told me that they only looked at my interview when deciding the final applicants and nothing else so I was just wondering if it’s the same with Union.

When will UMKC will communicate the interview results ? …meaning their final decision

Seems like Feb 26th, 27th and 28th are the last days of the HPME interviews for this year ,anyone heard otherwise ?

Did anyone attend SLU’s presidential scholars weekend?

Does anyone know when BU SMED results come out

@28739collegegirl , BU SMED result date is March 17.

If you attend any interview, Could you ask if the bsmd program is still sending out more interview invite?
It’s so hard to play this waiting game. Thanks so much for your consideration with your cc strangers,

@cy2019bsmd ok thanks!

@101study101 Have you been accepted the SLUs program?

@sunflower406
How do you know Feb 26th, 27th and 28th are the only HPME interview dates left? If you are right then NU-HPME should be done sending interview notifications.

@OldSchoolMD @srk2017 - would you expand on “…kids doing things not allowed in US.”?
Does it require any license like as a phlebotomist in US to do these things ?

@grtd2010 - Yes, wihout proper training and certification/license you are not allowed to touch patients in US. In the developing countries rules are not followed and students started claiming that they performed procedures and adcoms are alarmed by that. Also, there are enough opportunities in US and no need to do one week trips.

@RedRocketz Union/AMC looks at your academics and resume after you do the interview. The admissions committee meets every couple of weeks to look over the interviews conducted since the last time they met. They rank every interviewed applicant and then place them within the rankings of the applicants they have already interviewed and ranked.

@Undecided3494 How do you know this?

@bsmdalien so far all the information indicates that the only these 3 dates are open for interviews… not heard anyone mention any other dates …unless they send some invites today or tomorrow

Congratulations to everyone who has received acceptances and interviews at their preferred programs. Do schools send out acceptance emails or would applicants need to check student portals?

Hello All,

Did anybody receive SUNY Stony Brook Interviews? We have not heard back from them.

@TechGuy70 …we did not either form Stony Brook, was told they send invites first week of March…

Did anyone hear back from Siena?

Does anyone know if NJMS still sending interview invites?