AJ McCarron
Kevin Norwood
Anthony Orr
Austin Shepherd
Anthony Steen
Brian Vogler
Kellen Williams</p>

<p>13 players have their degrees…the most in the NCAA</p>

<p>That’s awesome! When did they graduate? They can still play even if they’ve graduated already?</p>

<p>Yes, they are permitted to play if they graduated in three years (some players enter school with AP/IB credit) or have been redshirted earlier in their careers.</p>

<p>Are they still attending classes? I had no idea they were allowed to do this.</p>

<p>I know McCarron goes to class. One of D’s good friends is in a class with him. He actually attends class.</p>

<p>Some are probably taking classes toward a graduate degree.</p>

<p>Didn’t Barrett Jones get his masters?</p>

<p>The NCAA did a lot to encourage academics when it enacted the graduate rule:</p>

<p>(c) Graduate Student/Postbaccalaureate Exception. A graduate student-athlete or a student-athlete who graduates and returns for a second baccalaureate degree or who is taking course work that would lead to the equivalent of another major or degree who is otherwise eligible for regular-season competition shall be exempt from the provisions of this regulation, except the student-athlete shall successfully complete a minimum of six-semester or quarter hours of academic credit during each regular academic
term in which the student is enrolled full time as a graduate student at any collegiate institution or as a student who has graduated and is seeking a second baccalaureate or taking course work that would lead to the equivalent of another major degree at the same institution from which he or she previously received a baccalaureate degree (see Bylaw 14.1.8).</p>

<p>They usually enroll for a graduate degree.
If I was a sportswriter, “how are your classes going” and “what’s your major” would be questions I’d ask of every athlete I interviewed. They never ask about that.</p>

<p>About 20 years ago the press book would have a brief profile of each player that included his major. It was amusing/alarming how many listed “general studies” or “undecided” - for juniors.</p>

<p>Yes, they’re getting their masters. They aren’t req’d to be “undergrads”. </p>

<p>Greg McElroy got his masters. </p>

<p>Kevin Norwood does a Bama commercial for the grad school.</p>

<p>My D has a graduate level econ class with Arie K.</p>

<p>undecided" - for juniors</p>

<p>lol…I think that was Cam Newton’s “major”. However, I’ve heard that he may have returned to actually get a degree rather that the “go to Auburn in the fall, and then go to the draft” that he did a couple of years ago.</p>

<p>As for the grad degrees. If the NCAA didn’t allow for that, players would just delay graduation by taking more undergrad classes…and what would be the point of that?</p>